Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
n123_gw

48" stove delivery

n123
10 years ago

I was wondering what experiences people have had with 48" stoves being delivered to their house. I purchased a 48" Capital from Elite Appliance and the delivery so far has been less than ideal. Elite contracts with CEVA for shipping and delivery logistics but CEVA in Boston seems unprepared for this type of delivery.

They originally came to the house with nothing but a truck and 2 guys. There are about 9 stairs at the front of the house that they need to go up to get in, this clearly wasn't happening with only 2 guys and 650lb+ worth of stove.
Today they showed up with 4 guys, all of which were surprised with how large the item was in the back of the truck, as if they had never seen it before. No moving straps or any mechanical assistance, just 4 guys and a dolly. They didn't seem confident about attempting it so I sent them away yet again. They are now shooting for the day after Christmas with 6 guys and moving straps.

I am slightly nervous about how many times the stove has been moved on and off a truck at this point but hopefully those movements are done cleanly with a forklift.

I know a number of people have used Elite on GW so this experience is odd to me. How did it work out for other people? Once it is in the house, how did you move it around and take it in/out of position? It seems like an air sled is pretty much the safest way to do it with the least amount of damage. For some reason, air sleds seem to be impossible to rent in Boston.

Happy holidays!

This post was edited by n123 on Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 14:21