Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alex9179_gw

Yay! I bought a new (to me) oven!

alex9179
11 years ago

Merry Christmas to me!

I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. I saw an ebay listing for an older model 27" Gaggenau wall oven and was the only bidder. EEEK! I got it for around the same price as a Kenmore, so a very good deal. I'm just nervous about buying a used appliance this way. It looked pristine in the pics, though, and there's buyer protection through Ebay. I don't need to be nervous, do I?

I can't believe that I'm going to be able to put more than one tray of cookies in an oven and not have to turn them for even baking. I feel like all of my meals will be elevated, just by using this oven! LOL! Maybe my "cooking is a fact of life" attitude will turn into "The Joy of Cooking"! Where does one go to find out how to utilize this thing to it's potential?

I also bought a Breville Smart Oven to use as a secondary for sides, reheating and kid foods. I have a 6 ft run of countertop, right next to the oven cab, that is usually under piles of miscellaneous junk. Now, it will serve a real function. My poor-man's version of double ovens :) I just realized that the two ovens will allow me to cook pizzas for everyone, AT THE SAME TIME.

Wait, there's more! I got 2 pretty light fixtures (100 watt) to replace the old 40 watt, inadequate lights over my sink and beverage area.

A kitchen reno is a distant dream, but I'm tickled when I can make smaller changes here and there until the time comes. I just wanted to share with people who understand kitchen goodies :)

Comment (1)