Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yay! I bought a new (to me) oven!

Posted by alex9179 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 14:03

Merry Christmas to me!

I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. I saw an ebay listing for an older model 27" Gaggenau wall oven and was the only bidder. EEEK! I got it for around the same price as a Kenmore, so a very good deal. I'm just nervous about buying a used appliance this way. It looked pristine in the pics, though, and there's buyer protection through Ebay. I don't need to be nervous, do I?

I can't believe that I'm going to be able to put more than one tray of cookies in an oven and not have to turn them for even baking. I feel like all of my meals will be elevated, just by using this oven! LOL! Maybe my "cooking is a fact of life" attitude will turn into "The Joy of Cooking"! Where does one go to find out how to utilize this thing to it's potential?

I also bought a Breville Smart Oven to use as a secondary for sides, reheating and kid foods. I have a 6 ft run of countertop, right next to the oven cab, that is usually under piles of miscellaneous junk. Now, it will serve a real function. My poor-man's version of double ovens :) I just realized that the two ovens will allow me to cook pizzas for everyone, AT THE SAME TIME.

Wait, there's more! I got 2 pretty light fixtures (100 watt) to replace the old 40 watt, inadequate lights over my sink and beverage area.

A kitchen reno is a distant dream, but I'm tickled when I can make smaller changes here and there until the time comes. I just wanted to share with people who understand kitchen goodies :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yay! I bought a new (to me) oven!

That's great. I hope it all works out for you. Two years ago my Kenmore wall oven finally died. When I cleaned it (self-cleaning), after about 1-1/2 hours it would start beeping, the door wouldn't unlock, and I would have to turn off the circuit breaker and let it cook\l before the door would unlock. The last time this happened, turning off the circuit breaker didn't help. So, immediately, I went on ebay and, lo and behold, a new (discontinued model) GE wall oven was listed and I got if for a very good price, shipping included. It fit perfectly in the space and had a warranty (which I needed as the control panel covering bubbled and GE replaced the entire control panel with a better design, which the repairman said cost almost as much as what I paid for the oven).

That everything happened in step, just when I needed it, is what, I guess, is synchronicity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here