Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
convention stream ovem? advantages?

Posted by miatadan (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 13:52

What is the advantage of convention stream oven? I know it the past ovens that combine microwave + convention allows quicker cooking without disadvantage of microwave only cooking such as GE's Advantium ovens.

So what does the stream function add that helps with oven cooking?

Sorry if I sound stupid asking this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: convention stream ovem? advantages?

It also allows for quicker cooking. The steam decreases the amount of time it takes to cook things as well.

They are also smaller in size than a full size oven and will heat up faster, saving time and money.

They will never replace a microwave like a speed oven, as they don't have that capability. But they can replace a microwave if you are willing to spend the extra time waiting for things to reheat in them.

I have a Wolf Steam Oven and we use it in place of our MW about 75% of the time. Could we switch over completely, yes, but I don't think I would ever give up or MW for day to day use.

You can also cook multiple items in a steam oven at the same time. Meaning you can steam veggies, and fish, while cooking a roast or reheating last night dinner and the flavors won't combine.

Phil

o
RE: convention stream ovem? advantages?

but would the flavors travel when the oven goes from steam to convection function?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here