Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dacor erd36sch lp

Posted by neumansheldon (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 17, 13 at 13:48

Hi! We are in the process of planning a major kitchen remodel, and will be installing a duel fuel pro-style range. We have been looking at a variety of options...but our kitchen guy as presented up with the following opportunity. He has a Dacor erd36sch lp (36 inch) that has been sitting on the floor of his showroom for about 12 years. It has never been hooked up. He will sell it to us for a deep discount. It would come with a 1 year warranty on parts (not labor) and we could buy an additional 2 year extended warranty for about $150. On the one hand this is an AMAZING deal, and very hard to pass up, but I am nervous about the following 1) I have no idea what the reliability is on Dacor, and if I am just opening myself up to a lot of expensive repairs; 2) should I be concerned about buying an "old" range, even if it has never been used? 3) Are there features on newer duel fuel ranges that wouldn't be on an older range? Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dacor erd36sch lp

12 years is a long time. I would worry about the electronics. I had the ER36D and it was a nightmare. At the time they were selling at some of the discounters an older model that had problems with uneven heating and they were trying to add baffles to help with that I think. Here is one review. They did write me to tell me they have improved and I thought new ones have much longer warranties.
I would not even consider it if they gave it to me. On mine the computer boards were billed at $1800 when they changed them out. At some point they might not even carry the parts anymore. They may have passed already.

Here is a link that might be useful: epinion review

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here