Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Counter-depth 30" fridge with ice maker?

Posted by froglander (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 13:35

We have a galley kitchen. The aisle is only 41". We had to get a fridge in kind of a hurry about a year ago. The fridge is fine we are just finally to the point of looking at updating the kitchen. Thinking of refacing the cabinets rather than completely gutting it. I would really like to find a counter-depth fridge to fit in the space that we have. It is at the end of the kitchen so the space is up against a wall which limits the space to have room to open the door. So something approx 30" wide is what would fit and still have room to open the door.

Since the aisle is not very wide, would really like to stick to a truly counter-depth fridge--some of the ones I look at are still 28" deep, I want one that is 24" deep plus the doors :)

I was thinking the Summit FFBF285SS would maybe be a good option. The nice thing about that one is I could get it through our local Home Depot and the price didn't seem bad either, but then realized it's been nice to have an internal ice maker. They make the FFBF285SSIM but Home Depot doesn't carry that one :(

Any other options out there that don't cost and arm and a leg? This is not my "forever" house so don't want to (and can't really afford to) go overboard on the fridge.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Counter-depth 30" fridge with ice maker?

You might have an easier time finding a Golden Ticket in a Wonka Bar.

The ONLY thing that fits your criteria that I know of is made by Blomberg.

I'm not vouching for it or them, just passing it on.

Liebherr has one that's close - it misses because of its $4,000-$5000 pricetag.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blomberg BRFB1800IM

o
RE: Counter-depth 30" fridge with ice maker?

I just installed the Blomberg in my new kitchen. Can't speak for it's reliability, but so far we love it. It's both pretty and quiet. I was seduced by the organization of the freezer, because I hated digging through my huge drawer in a standard French door freezer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here