Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung Fridge Buy Back

Posted by damccoy (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 13:21

I've jumped over from the Computer Help Forum for some advice. My response to Samsung is time sensitive. To the core of the epic.

I purchased a Samsung bottom freezer SS model#RB217ACRS on October 2, 2011. It has the basic 12 month warranty, and a customer appreciation 90 day extension for registering it at Samsung.com.

On November 2, 2012, I noticed one of the LED temperature segments on the refrigerator door bezel had burned out. In fear that the failure would expand I contacted Samsung, a service technician came out, and the part was ordered. Four weeks later I received an e-mail from Samsung reporting the part was on back order and to please contact them for an accommodation.

The end game is they offered to buy the unit back for 90% of cost. All I have to do is, 1.) remove and mail in the model/serial# tag on the pillar post, 2.) submit a picture of the removed electrical cord, and 3.) complete a release form. The unit disposal is to be my obligation. They also advised that if I had paid to have the refrigerator installed that I should have the replacement unit installed also. Upon receipt of the bill they would reimburse me for the cost.

I have searched the Internet regarding this matter. Other than the typical consumer complaints I have not located any claim of silent recall, standard recall or unit fire alert. This whole experience I find unfamiliar.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. I have until Monday to take action. My inclination is to accept their offer as something regarding this model must be afoot.

DA

This post was edited by damccoy on Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 14:18

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung Fridge Buy Back

Given that you are technically out of warranty, even if only by days, their offer seems very fair to me. You have had use of the fridge for one year, and renting one would have cost as much or more for a year.

I would take it and be done with it.

This post was edited by Cavimum on Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 9:07

o
RE: Samsung Fridge Buy Back

Yes, the offer is very fair. It just seems to be too good to be true, and we all know the old adage as to "If something seems too good to be true....." I never asked for anything other than the repair. Historically we have all had battles with manufacturers at one time or another. This event is so interesting.

Unless someone here comes up with a reason not to, I am going to accept their offer. Everyone else says to do it.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here