Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
still_da

Samsung Fridge Buy Back

DA_Mccoy
11 years ago

I've jumped over from the Computer Help Forum for some advice. My response to Samsung is time sensitive. To the core of the epic.

I purchased a Samsung bottom freezer SS model#RB217ACRS on October 2, 2011. It has the basic 12 month warranty, and a customer appreciation 90 day extension for registering it at Samsung.com.

On November 2, 2012, I noticed one of the LED temperature segments on the refrigerator door bezel had burned out. In fear that the failure would expand I contacted Samsung, a service technician came out, and the part was ordered. Four weeks later I received an e-mail from Samsung reporting the part was on back order and to please contact them for an accommodation.

The end game is they offered to buy the unit back for 90% of cost. All I have to do is, 1.) remove and mail in the model/serial# tag on the pillar post, 2.) submit a picture of the removed electrical cord, and 3.) complete a release form. The unit disposal is to be my obligation. They also advised that if I had paid to have the refrigerator installed that I should have the replacement unit installed also. Upon receipt of the bill they would reimburse me for the cost.

I have searched the Internet regarding this matter. Other than the typical consumer complaints I have not located any claim of silent recall, standard recall or unit fire alert. This whole experience I find unfamiliar.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. I have until Monday to take action. My inclination is to accept their offer as something regarding this model must be afoot.

DA

This post was edited by damccoy on Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 14:18

Comments (2)