Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
27" Gagg actually 29"?

Posted by alex9179 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 13:19

I have an old 24" wall oven in a 27" cabinet that I've wanted to replace for 6 years. I found an older model Gaggenau EB290 in good shape but am concerned that the width won't fit into the cabinet. Looking at the specs, it needs a cut-out width of 26", so I'm guessing the frame will overhang an inch on each side of the cabinet, which is not ideal :) I may fudge it, though, just to get this oven.

Would anyone be able to confirm this as I can't get up there to measure any time soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 27" Gagg actually 29"?

Depending on the cabinet construction, a 27" (exterior dimensions) oven cabinet may only have 25 1/2" to 26 3/4" interior room. You need to pull the old oven and measure the interior, as well as how much actual face frame can be trimmed.

o

"so I'm guessing the frame will overhang an inch on each side of the cabinet, which is not ideal "

Why is this not ideal? In Europe a 27" oven gets put in a 27" cabinet all the time - it is very IDEAL. It's actually 70 cm , but let's play inches for the sake of brevity here.

Your cabinet is either 27" wide or it is not. If it is , the oven will fit. How much modification to the existing structure is needed is anyone's guess.

"Would anyone be able to confirm this as I can't get up there to measure any time soon."

What, exactly are you looking for confirmation on? Yes the Gaggenau 290 needs a cutout width of 26" minimum.

As for confirming what your cabinet is - no one here has any clue as to what you have.

o

Good heavens, I wasn't asking about my cab. I was asking about the actual width of the oven. I've seen 27, 27 1/8, and 29 inches from various sources. If the front panel is 29, then I wonder if I'll need to address an overhang.

I guess my title was ambiguous. Is the EB290 27ish inches or 29 inches wide on the front panel?

o
Will fit interior

Thank you Live Wire Oak, looks to be just 26" interior room. It would be a snug fit.

The cab's actual outside measurement is 27.5". I just prefer that the oven frame not exceed the cab's width by an inch and a half and wasn't sure if the sources that stated it was actually 29" wide were correct.

o

The oven face is actually 690 mm wide , which is just a hair under 27 3/16" wide.

o
Perfect

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here