Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vargamisfit

Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?

Buttons
9 years ago

There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni ranges in gas but not many in dual fuel. Was hoping to get some feedback.

Also, my husband and I are NEW to the "being able to afford nice appliances game" and with my husband having been a chef and really enjoying cooking the stove is where we're interested in spending our money.

We don't have the money to buy a $5k wolf or viking so the Bertazzoni is the most ideal for the money but also wondering if there isn't a non-pro style range that will give us the power that the Bertazzoni will without the cost. Or maybe even a more even model (the ovens are getting the most flack!).

We are remodeling in the beginning of the year but need to purchase a range within the next few weeks. PLUS Bertazzoni is running the "purchase a range get a free hood" deal with makes it even that much more interesting!

Halp!

Comments (8)

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

Dual fuel will cost you more money. In my opinion, that is not where to spend your money if you are on a budget. Agree with HerrDoktor completely. And if you can swing the RNB rather than the RCS, even better. But the RCS will give you a really nice range without spending 5K. I think it is substantially better than the Berta or any non-pro style range. Go find a dealer where you can try one out.

• michfbgal
    9 years ago

Buttons, what did you decide? I'm also looking at 36" ranges and am trying to decide between possibly the dual fuel Berta or other, even all gas options. There's not much discussion of the dual fuel Bertas, which is what has me worried.... Thanks!

• Buttons
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Michfbgal - we went with the 36" Berta. The Bluestars just didn't have the features that the Berta had (wok holder) and we really wanted more than 4 burners (which the Berta gave us). We went to a showroom and looked at all of them and although the Berta definitely had some quirks (like the burners taking awhile to light) we felt that the style, the options, the dual fuel (which in fact did not cost any extra money) and the fact that they are running a "free hood with any purchase" made it a no contest decision. We saved tons of money and got a stove that we've wanted.
  • michfbgal
    9 years ago

Thanks! Did you get the master or pro? Any problems with an overly loud oven fan noise that some complain about? I really appreciate your response.

• mumof3sweetpeas
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Buttons...it's too bad you got the dual fuel range because it's not so effective to put your head in the oven and turn the gas on hahaha! I bought a Berta years ago (I think it was 2008) and it was a glorified easy bake oven. Thank goodness we moved only a few months after installation...it never did work properly! If and when you could get the burners to work, they did an ok job...but only if/when! The oven was horrible and couldn't even fit the pizza pans that my old Magic Chef had handled so beautifully. Don't get me wrong, I still love the look of the Bertas, but if you plan to actually cook or bake, you're out of luck. I would have guessed, with your husband being a chef and all, you would have known to choose function over appearance. Oh well...all I can say is "I'm sorry!".

• Buttons
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Mumof3sweetpeas, what would have been your suggestion otherwise?
  • mumof3sweetpeas
    9 years ago

Based on my experience, I'd say anything but the Bertazzoni. You've had it for a while now...I'm curious how you like it. My apologies if I offended with what I said...I just was really so disappointed in mine. Currently I am leaning towards an NXR 30" for myself because it's the only one that fits in my budget. I know it has mixed reviews but I'm willing to take my chances, and with Costco's return policy, I can't lose. If the NXR doesn't work out for some reason, I'll step up to the 30" BlueStar, also from Costco. If I had a bigger budget, I'd go BlueStar all the way but one better than the one that Costco.ca carries.