Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wolf rangetop griddle

Posted by nancyla (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 07 at 12:51

Love this Wolf rangetop so far but need advice on the griddle. I seasoned it according to the directions. Today I cooked bacon (amazing) and eggs (they stuck). What do you cook? How do you clean it? Do you pam/oil/butter/grease the surface before use? I'm a novice, so any help is appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wolf rangetop griddle

This is my first time to post, but having worked with many Wolf griddles, I'm sure I can help.

First, the more seasoned the griddle is, the more non-stick it becomes. Seasoning starts from what you've done according to the directions, but continues every time you cook on it.

Next, the best way to clean and maintain the seasoning is to scrape any remaining food off the griddle. A pastry or dough cutter works best (they're a few dollars at restaurant supply or Linens n Things) but a spatula will suffice. Then while the griddle is hot, wipe with wet paper towels (holding with tongs to avoid burns). This will steam off any food and flavors but not strip the seasoning. If you have anything stubborn, you can use club soda.

As for what to cook on it, just about anything that's not saucey or soupy (meat, chicken, seafood, veggies, diced potatoes, etc.). As for your eggs, you might have to use more oil before you get it well seasoned.

Hope this helps and good luck with your new griddle.

o

I've had mine for 6 years and use butter or oil to start everytime or else it sticks.

While still hot, I'll put water on it to scrape off the bits, it sizzles and evaporates, scrape and repeat if needed.............

Williams and sonoma sells a super extra large spatula/flipper which I love and use on the griddle.

o

We have the Wolf 48" sealed burner rangetop with the 24" griddle. We love it!!!

The problem we have is when we use the griddle, all of the runoff does not end up in the drip pan. Over and over again, it gets under the drip pan. Does anyone else have this issue? Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Joe

o

JC - A couple quick questions:

What is the runoff: grease (from what you applied or from the food), liquid, or food bits?

When is it happening - during the cooking process or when you scrape and steam clean the griddle?

o

Lucky,

The runoff is typically grease when cooking burgers or bacon. This happens during the cooking process.

Once we are done cooking we take the drip tray out and typically, there is liquid (grease) underneath it (somehow it does not all drip in).

o

I'm late to this thread but have a new Wolf griddle ... did the seasoning and now have 2 dark brownish sections running the length of the griddle. Just wondering if this is to be expected and when well seasoned what colour I can expect the griddle to be. Thank you.

o

I'm late to this thread but have a new Wolf griddle ... did the seasoning and now have 2 dark brownish sections running the length of the griddle. Just wondering if this is to be expected and when well seasoned what colour I can expect the griddle to be. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here