Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SubZero BI-36U Vs. Miele KF1901

Posted by Bamber41 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 12:13

Hi,
I have been reading and searching the helpful posts on this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post. We are trying to make a decision on a counter depth refrigerator. Our house will be an open floor plan, so having a quiet refrigerator/freezer is very important to us. We have narrowed it down to the SubZero BI 36U and the Miele KF1901 (both single door and freezer on the bottom / dual compressor fridges). I am in love with the looks of the Miele � its clean exterior, interior fit and finish, and the bright LED lighting.

However, I am torn. In searching posts on this site, I have noticed multiple complaints in the past regarding a whining noise some Mieles make as they run. Also, I am taking into consideration that the SubZero is the more recognizable brand, has a good reputation for service and has been around forever. I do have both authorized Miele and SubZero servicers available in my area, so that itself is not a deciding factor. With discounts factored in, the Miele Is around $600 more than the Subzero.

I want to ensure I�m going to get a quiet, reliable refrigerator that I do not regret. I am leaning towards SubZero being the �safer� bet of the two, but am looking for any perspectives/ thoughts on this decision.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SubZero BI-36U Vs. Miele KF1901

I looked at both last week. The biggest difference to me was the size of the freezer. I'd rather have the room in the fridge, so the SubZero would be my pick.

o
RE: SubZero BI-36U Vs. Miele KF1901

Thanks saeyedoc. I didn't think to factor in that comparison. Like you, I would prefer the space on the fridge side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here