Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamber41_gw

SubZero BI-36U Vs. Miele KF1901

Bamber41
10 years ago

Hi,
I have been reading and searching the helpful posts on this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post. We are trying to make a decision on a counter depth refrigerator. Our house will be an open floor plan, so having a quiet refrigerator/freezer is very important to us. We have narrowed it down to the SubZero BI 36U and the Miele KF1901 (both single door and freezer on the bottom / dual compressor fridges). I am in love with the looks of the Miele � its clean exterior, interior fit and finish, and the bright LED lighting.

However, I am torn. In searching posts on this site, I have noticed multiple complaints in the past regarding a whining noise some Mieles make as they run. Also, I am taking into consideration that the SubZero is the more recognizable brand, has a good reputation for service and has been around forever. I do have both authorized Miele and SubZero servicers available in my area, so that itself is not a deciding factor. With discounts factored in, the Miele Is around $600 more than the Subzero.

I want to ensure I�m going to get a quiet, reliable refrigerator that I do not regret. I am leaning towards SubZero being the �safer� bet of the two, but am looking for any perspectives/ thoughts on this decision.

Thank you!

Comments (2)