Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jplouis

Jenn-Air Steam Oven

jplouis
10 years ago

Has anyone seen one or used one or have any insights?

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenn-Air Steam oven

Comments (5)

• olivesmom
    10 years ago

I would be interested in it but they aren't offering it with the pro style handles.

• barryv_gw
    10 years ago

First, glad to see that JennAir has released a combi steam oven. Up until this point, most of the combi's are from very high end manufacturers, such as Gaggenau and Wolf, with pricing to match, hopefully the Jennair will be offered at a much lower price point. I briefly reviewed the manual, it looks like it is a pretty good set of options - it allows you to cook in steam, conventional, or combi mode, and has a reheat mode. Not sure what the defrost or sous vide modes are about, but haven't seen them in other ovens, In terms of versatility, I think the Wolf is at the top, it has a broil element which allows someone who can get buy with a small oven to get a rangetop and skip the range with oven entirely. In terms of controls, I think the Gagg is still the easiest to understand the manual controls- set the temp and percent humidity and that is it. The big disadvantage with the Jenn Air is that although it looks like a wall oven it is only 120 volts, so it will take longer to come up to temp than a typical 240 volt wall oven, and not sure how well it will do cooking something substantial like a whole chicken or turkey. in convection oven mode, It is in essence a countertop oven, with better insulation On the plus side, it doesn't require plumbing or special electric. Since there is no advertised price, it is hard to say whether this will be a value, or not. I did not see interior dimensions, and if they are pretty small, then you would need to compare this to the Sharp microwave steam ovens - though I don't know if they are offered anymore.

• jplouis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hadn't noticed the 120v. The list price is $2799

• barryv_gw
    10 years ago

That price seems a little high. Viking offers a countertop version that is $1,899 MSRP for 120 volt. They used to offer a built in 240 volt version, but that has been discontinued. They do offer a trim kit for the countertop so it can be mounted. According to the AJ Madison site, the Viking has a 1.1 cu ft capacity. According to the Jenn Air website, their model has a 1.3 cu ft interior, but it does not list dimensions, so not sure how it is laid out.

Here is a link that might be useful: A J madison

• Liz
    6 years ago

Does anyone have any in-house experience with the Jenn-Air steam and convection wall oven? Were starting to look at appliances and i'm interested in this and the bosch.... miele is feeling a little out of our price range, but it's still a possibility. Thanks!