Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30 inch dishwasher from Dacor?

Posted by home4all6 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 29, 10 at 11:22

Hi! I am a constant-lurker who is in the planning stages of a kitchen addition, and in searching my local clearance outlets for appliances, there is a Dacor ED30SCH 30" Built-in Dishwasher that they are almost GIVING away, currently they have 4+ of them for $699/each. I've tried to research, and I know they were originally priced near $3000. Obviously they didn't sell, and I'm trying to figure out why? Is it the unusual size or something more? I have 4 young children, so we certainly could use the DW space. And we are planning an all-new, so space constraints aren't an issue. I currently have a mid-line Bosch and I love it.
Any input on this product or brand would be appreciated.
Happy New Year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30 inch dishwasher from Dacor?

A regular 24" dishwasher is 24" x 24", and a rotating washer arm gets everywhere. This is 30" x 24" so they had to add additional complexity to get washing action on the far left and right.
Was this the problem that caused the Dacor dishwashers to leak all over the floors of America's rich. That all said these complaints haven't been heard for awhile....years, and I don't know if that indicates the problem was fixed, or they just don't sell anymore.
Here's what we wrote in 2004:
http://applianceadvisor.com/content/dacor-dishwasher-line-stopped

In the end, even if the unit is perfect, it is not a good idea to put in a 30" dishwasher. It is a non-standard size that you cannot replace with a competitor unit.

If you need the capacity, it is better to use (2) 24" units.....and then you can keep your current Bosch.

And though people seem to hate when I bring this up.....it may be more energy efficient to have 2 Bosch dishwashers always running full than this Dacor unit.

Here is a link that might be useful: ApplianceAdvisor.com

o

Bad idea - those DWs had problems and Dacor stopped making them. AND they are the only 30" DWs so if you need to replace it, you've got problems.

o

Ok, say no more, you have convinced me...it was, of course, tooo good to be true. I knew it, just had to be told again by all of you. Thanks!

o

OK, so I have a 30" Dacor Dishwasher. Where can I get the one the post talked about above?? I have had the technician come and he quoted me $900 to fix it. I would LOVE to buy the $699 Dishwasher to replace the one I have as my cabinets would have to be altered to accommodate a 27" now. Plus, there is no room for two 27" dishwashers in my kitchen. We have a large family and the 30" was/has been perfect for the last 7 years. But, I didn't know then what I know now~no one else makes a 30"! I thought then it was an awesome feature!

o

Dacor bought those dishwashers back years ago! They were a complete disaster for the company and I'm surprised yours lasted 7 years. All of this caused them to stop making their own dishwashers and now they are sourced from Asko. I would contact Dacor before doing any repairs. By the way the standard size for dishwashers is 24" not 27".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here