Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilacious_in_nyc

Dishwasher Heating Element Failure?

lilacious_in_nyc
11 years ago

My 7 year old Danby 18" dishwasher has been inconsistent lately. It wouldn't dispense soap, would get stuck on a cycle. It would just keep washing unless I manually turned it off and selected the lowest 7 minute cycle - which was the only cycle that would complete.
I checked the soap dispenser and expanding wax nub that releases the catch, works fine.
Replaced the control panel. The soap now dispenses, but the washer still gets stuck on a cycle, endlessly washing washing washing. Someone suggested the heating element is perhaps the culprit. The dishwasher is perhaps waiting for the water to heat to a certain degree before progressing on.
So here's a picture of the heating element. Is it supposed to look like this? Originally it was all silver, just like the rest of the interior. I've googled this problem quite a bit and can't find an answer. I tried to take out the heating element last night to test with a multimeter, but these 18" dishwashers are packed in tight below. I couldn't twist my hands nor my tools right!

Comments (6)