Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Difference between built-in and fully integrated

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 11:05

What's the difference between built-in and fully integrated when both have custom panels? I'm specifically looking at Liebherr refrigerators. I'm guessing that the built-in isn't as flush with the cabinets as the fully integrated. Is that correct? If so, why would a company make both built-in and fully integrated with custom panels when it seems like if you're doing custom panels, the purpose is to have it flush with the other cabinets. If anyone has pictures of the difference between the two, I'd greatly appreciate seeing them.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Difference between built-in and fully integrated

With built in, you can see the "stuff" behind the panels. Stainless and rubber bits. Like having the curtain pulled back on the Wizard. With fully integrated, there's no hint that it's even an appliance. If you want it to look like a 14th century Japanese Tansu, if you have the cabinet maker who can do the millwork, then it can look like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here