Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can I get rid of my toaster oven somehow?

Posted by illinigirl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 10:40

We use our toaster oven at least once if not twice daily. In addition to toasting we use it to reheat just about anything that's not liquid-y and 'cook' small meals for the kids like corn dogs, pizzas, etc.

Would an appliance like an advantium replace a toaster oven? Does it toast? (I like to toast bagels and English muffins close faced so the outside is toasted and the inside stays soft.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can I get rid of my toaster oven somehow?

If you make toast, the only thing you can replace a toaster oven with is a toaster. Speed ovens, MWs, etc. don't toast. You can use a broiler in an oven to toast, but you have to watch it constantly and turn the bread over.

o
RE: can I get rid of my toaster oven somehow?

I've gotten rid of my toaster oven several times--well, I put it in the garage. It keeps coming back. It's better than a toaster toaster and does other stuff too. I'll have had it 20 years in January. So no. I don't think you can get rid of it. :P

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here