Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
24" Gas Oven Canada

Posted by jwwbrennan (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 10:23

My second Maytag (Model: CWG3100AAB) 24" gas oven is failing (door needs to be pushed together after closing, control is iffy) and I would like to replace it. I wrote to Maytag Canada about sourcing a replacement but that went unanswered. I see lots of suitable models available in the US but nothing in Canada.

Can anyone direct me to a Canadian source for a 24" gas oven...preferably not Maytag? Rather than renovating the small kitchen with which we are very happy I would change to an electric but electricity is very expensive here. KitchenAid service has always been remarkably good, does that commitment follow through to their wall oven products?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 24" Gas Oven Canada

KitchenAid and Maytag are both Whirlpool brands.

The ovens are very similar.

You can't find GE or Frigidaire?

o
RE: 24" Gas Oven Canada

Thanks deeageaux for your reply. The Frigidaire FGB24L2A and GE JGRP20BEJBB have possibilities (albeit they look uncomfortably like the Mayday) but they don't seem to be available in Canada.

I know Whirlpool owns the lot but was uncertain if they were all now using the same direct to profit policies.

I'll probably move to electric, buy one of the European brands (people appear to be happy) and do some carpentry to reduce the cutout. I'm not realizing any savings in serial purchasing cheaper product and replacement is irritating.

Is there a way to compare KWH for various electric ovens cooking a common item (miche : 1 Kg 450F 1 hour)?

Edit: Maytag replied and recommended converting to electric as well.

This post was edited by jwwbrennan on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 7:33

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here