Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soilenthusiast

Elux Icon Fridge - Any good reviews?

soilenthusiast
10 years ago

Dear All,

We're narrowing down our final fridge choices. Looking for a 36" French Door counter-depth, because we can't bear to spend a fortune on a built-in. I don't mind standard depth with the fridge sticking out a little, but everyone is telling me "No Way - It looks terrible". Oh well...

Most of the ones we looked at have little storage capacity compared to our 25 cu ft. standard Amana that we have in our current apartment. We're a family of 3 probably going on 4 soon, so will need a fair amount of space.

Looked like the best storage and most attractive was the Electrolux Icon, BUT I've just read a bunch of terrible reviews about it not being able to keep its temperature, water leaks, ice maker problems, etc. and that Elux doesn't know how to make fridges. Many of those complaints are 6 years old, some more recent, but it's now almost 2014 and I'm wondering if anyone has had any long-term positive reviews with this fridge? Sounds like some of the problems had to do with poor engineering - have the units be re-engineered to address any design flaws?

We would not get the water dispenser and if we had to we would not hook up the ice maker in the freezer, since we rarely use ice cubes. Would that decision make the fridge fool-proof?

Appreciate any advice people can offer. Are there any other good alternatives to the Elux Icon?

This post was edited by soilenthusiast on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 10:11