Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elux Icon Fridge - Any good reviews?

Posted by soilenthusiast (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 10:01

Dear All,

We're narrowing down our final fridge choices. Looking for a 36" French Door counter-depth, because we can't bear to spend a fortune on a built-in. I don't mind standard depth with the fridge sticking out a little, but everyone is telling me "No Way - It looks terrible". Oh well...

Most of the ones we looked at have little storage capacity compared to our 25 cu ft. standard Amana that we have in our current apartment. We're a family of 3 probably going on 4 soon, so will need a fair amount of space.

Looked like the best storage and most attractive was the Electrolux Icon, BUT I've just read a bunch of terrible reviews about it not being able to keep its temperature, water leaks, ice maker problems, etc. and that Elux doesn't know how to make fridges. Many of those complaints are 6 years old, some more recent, but it's now almost 2014 and I'm wondering if anyone has had any long-term positive reviews with this fridge? Sounds like some of the problems had to do with poor engineering - have the units be re-engineered to address any design flaws?

We would not get the water dispenser and if we had to we would not hook up the ice maker in the freezer, since we rarely use ice cubes. Would that decision make the fridge fool-proof?

Appreciate any advice people can offer. Are there any other good alternatives to the Elux Icon?

This post was edited by soilenthusiast on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 10:11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elux Icon Fridge - Any good reviews?

I don't have the icon but do have elux and it is close to 4 years old.
We had a problem at the beginning due to a faulty valve but great since then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here