Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jfolley_gw

capital culinarian has landed 2

jfolley
13 years ago

hope it was ok to continue the blog, it looked like it had reached it limit! I just wanted everyone to know that my culinarian is scheduled for delivery here in Texas on Monday morning! I will try and get some photos. I currently have a wolf that is not so wonderful and is being taken out as well, so hopefully I will be able to get this culinarian hooked up on Monday afternoon or Tuesday....time to call the plumber! I am so excited! Also, everyone who has gotten their ranges, post some pictures!!!

Comments (48)

• thusie
    13 years ago

What an extremely cool range hood Homechef! Looking forward to the finish pictures.

• homechef
    13 years ago

Thank you thusie. Soon, I hope.

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

Curse you bastages!

I stumbled across this forum when trying to find some information about the Capital Precision range we were considering and ended up falling for its sexier sister.

We ordered the Precision about a month ago but were able to cancel it today and change to a Culinarian. We hope to take delivery around the end of January.

I do want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post photos and/or personal experiences with their range. I'm looking forward to enjoying ours.

• Jon T
    13 years ago

After patiently waiting in the garage for a few weeks, my CC has finally found her rightful place in my new kitchen. I can't wait to get cookin'

..and the compulsary picture:

• Christine Clemens
    13 years ago

Thanks for the pics homechef and intsnotrocketscience. Sick kids have made me late in posting.

Thanks especially for the 30'' pics rocketscience. Who is your hood manufacturer? Your SS CC looks so good that I might not need a red one. I also now see how cool my Liebherr will look when it actually has cabinets around it.

I am looking forward to some action photos. Enjoy your ranges.

• Jon T
    13 years ago

odiegirl13 - the hood is from Modern Aire. I ordered it with two motors to provide a max flow rate 1200 cfm. At full blast (even a bit lower than full blast) the baffle filters lift up a bit and it is quite noisy. I will figure out a way to weight down the filters a bit, and only use all of its juice when I have something peculiar going on stove top.

Jon

• thusie
    13 years ago

Congrats Jon!! Looks real good, great counter-tops too

• Christine Clemens
    13 years ago

I should have known that! ModernAire makes beautiful hoods. 1200 CFM? Wow. You are planning on some serious cooking. I wonder what the CFM's are on my JennAir Downdraft cooktop?

My project starts in January hopefully. (I shouldn't say it too loudly in case the car or the furnace hear me).

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

Man that's hot! And its the same one we're getting. That looks fantastic.

I only just now noticed how far the CC sticks out from the front of the cabinets. Most photos have been straight on. I'm glad we left extra space to the island behind. I like how the grates more or less come out even to the front of the counter.

BTW - my wife vetoed the idea of copying your cabinet pulls. I'll just have to content to look at pictures of yours and dream of what might have been.

• beachpea3
    13 years ago

Sigh.....That is one good-looking kitchen and the CC is just one of the stars! Everything looks great- saw your doggy door on the kitchen forum- Add me to the list of who wants to see a photo of your pup!

Looking forwward to your future report about cooking on the CC and how you work out the fan issues...

Wendy

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    13 years ago

For those who are interested in seeing more pictures I have posted them on the capital culinarian website.

I would also ask that anyone who has installed a range or rangetop sends me some pictures so I can load them all into one location for viewing.

• toddimt
    13 years ago

Trevor,

FYI, you have twp different sites for the capital culinarian that come up. The one under Eurostoves has the spec sheets and the customer photo's, etc. The other one does not.

Btw, no customer pics of the rangetops yet? You have the one image but really need to see how it looks on cabinets.

• PRO
    13 years ago

Todds

Thank you for that, if anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know.

A little out of my depth with website

• glenna
    13 years ago

I'm curious about the grills in the middle on the 30" range; do they stick up about an inch, as they appear to do? I'd find that really annoying, if they're not the same level as the grates over the burners.

Trevor, is this normal?

• PRO
    13 years ago

Glenna..... You are seeing an optical illusion, the center grate is level with the outside ones.

• Jon T
    13 years ago

Glenna - this picture is a little hard to see, but it shows the center grate is at the same level as the adjacent grates. Hope this helps.

Jon

• glenna
    13 years ago

I guess I'll just have to make the trek to Santa Fe Springs and see one in person. ;)

• thusie
    13 years ago

Glenna,
    As Jon showed the center gates are level, pots and pans move easily from one side to the other.

I would make the trek since I don't think the pics do them justice, as good as the pics have been:-)

• PRO
    13 years ago

This is a Culinarian range from a customer with a very unique back-splash, the picture is of Lake Tahoe and the Sierras transferred onto tile.

• advisor
    13 years ago

Sorry that I'm late to this chat fest. There's been quite a bit of industry talk on my site (linked at bottom) concerning the Capital burner performance since Capital made their claims of having the best open burner in the industry. They further claimed to be better than the Blue Star / Garland burner.

We do have performance test data from Capital using our 1 gallon water test, and yes it is impressive. Still it lacks objectivity.

Would anyone here be willing to perform this simple hot water test (1 gallon raised 90F)?
    In fact, we'll take data for any cooking appliance if you are so inclined to test it.
    Test procedure and results are here:
    http://applianceadvisor.com/content/peoples-cooktop-test

Thanks
    Advisor
    www.ApplianceAdvisor.com

Here is a link that might be useful: ApplianceAdvisor.com

• PRO
    13 years ago

If anyone is looking for a solution to a problem of making a 36" Range work with a wider hood in this case a 48" how about this idea, i think this came out really well.

• thusie
    13 years ago

Hood update

As Trevor knows one of my concerns was how the little Kobe CH-122 800CFm or there abouts, would preform with the CC. No it doesn't look 'pro' and isn't in the class of the high end hoods, it is what would fit in the space we had. It was the most bang for the $$$ I could find :-)

While I haven't done any stir fry as yet we have seared meet and fish and everything in-between cooking wise , the Kobe as done a fine job! Ok I'm a bit shocked that it has performed so well, but it really has. One thing Trevor did suggest is that when we installed it we bump it out from the back wall a couple inches which we did and I think that made a big difference.

Cooking on the range is pure joy, it just works, no struggle, no fuss, pure form and function>>yes I'm rather a bug about that I detest fiddly stuff:-)

However a real bonus that I didn't expect is Don absolutely adoring it..He CLEANS IT! That dude hasn't taken a rag to a range in 30 years.

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

That thread at the appliance advisor site is pretty entertaining.

• brucewg
    13 years ago

We received our range just before Christmas, and the grates today. I'd like to post a couple of photos that I have online at Picasa but I'm having difficultly getting the correct code to link. If someone would like to assist me with the code I'll get the photos posted. I've included a link below to one of the photos.

Thanks!
    Bruce

Here is a link that might be useful: New kitchen

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

{{gwi:1489221}}

{{gwi:1489222}}

{{gwi:1489223}}

{{gwi:1489224}}

{{gwi:1489225}}

• jfolley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

awesome pictures!!!

• brucewg
    13 years ago

Robj - thanks very much for your assistance....we're thrilled with the range, and I'm glad I found this site at the beginning of our remodel back in September. I've learned a lot from everyone here.

Bruce

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

Here's mine:

• Jon T
    13 years ago

Robj, looks great! Congrats. Get cooking now!

• PRO
    13 years ago

ROBJ. Can you send me the pictures via email so I can put them on the Capital Culinarian website.

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

Sure thing, Trevor.

What a pleasure it is to cook on this range!

• IceMan965
    13 years ago

A question for the CC owners who posted pictures here.

Is it just my imagination or does the CC really stick out from the base cabinets as far as it appears in the pictures? To me, from looking at the pictures, it appears the CC protrudes further from the cabinets than a BS or other ranges. Maybe Trevor can chime in here also.

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

According to the literature, the Blue Star (both the RNB & RCS is 27 1/4" to the nosing and the Culinarian is 28 1/2".

All pro ranges stick out a little in front of a standard 25" counter.

• Jon T
    13 years ago

My base cabs are 24'' and my range was not pushed all the way against the wall, so it does stick out quite a bit. The appliance installers didn't understand the range could be pushed all the way back. That's one of a handful of things I will get around to finish. Jon

• donfromma
    13 years ago

The Sell Sheets have the dimensions. See below. I'm making sure my contractor has this so we can work on lining everything up including base cabinets and countertop.

Here is a link that might be useful: Capital Culinarian 48

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

It looks like your range is out from the wall about 1/2", Jon.

We had a heck of a time getting ours flush against the wall as well. We think the power cord was getting between the base and the wall, preventing the range from going all the way back. Finally had my wife hold the cord up while I pushed it back, dropping it at the last second and timing my shove just right.

Its also possible that the flange that holds the gas line on the back of the range is in the way of your gas supply. The instructions for the 30" range say the gas supply should be within a 5" x 8" target, 6" from the right hand cabinet and 3.5" off the floor. Trouble is, the flange is about 11" from the right side and runs about 5" off the floor - well inside the target area. If that's your issue, it'll be harder to correct. I took a photo of the back to illustrate this:

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

I almost forgot. Is this what your newly redesigned ignitor looks like, or is this the old one?:

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

So nothing has landed in a color other than SS and black?

• chopperace
    13 years ago

I almost forgot. Is this what your newly redesigned ignitor looks like, or is this the old one?:

That's the new one

• Jon T
    13 years ago

robj - yeah, good eye, I'm about 1/2'' away from the back wall. Not enough for me to get too excited, but I'd like to resolve it someday. I second chopperace, your ignitor assy looks like the replacement burners I now have. Jon

• PRO
    13 years ago

Below you can see pictures of a white 36" Culinarian, we also have a blue range which will be installed this week so pictures hopefully will be coming in for that one.

• rustymic
    13 years ago

Those of you that have ordered a Culinarian Series, how long was the wait between order and delivery? Trevor, maybe you could also share input from dealer perspective.

• steelcfo
    13 years ago

Ordered a 36" 6 burner rangetop first week of December. I was quoted 6-8 week delivery. This Friday will be 12 weeks and still no definite production/delivery date. Would like to here of status of others who ordered at that time.

• PRO
    13 years ago

For those who ordered pre production it was a long time, if you place an order today the realistic time frame would be 6-8 weeks but closer to 8 weeks.

• sadiebrooklyn
    13 years ago

I ordered my 36" self-cleaning on Dec. 1st and it is now ready to deliver (only I am not ready to receive!)

• jfolley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi everyone. I too now have no ETA on my range but glad to see I am not alone. I have to wonder if this is because I did order a color. Trying to be patient but has been a long time! Will post when I hear more..

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

We ordered ours December 13th - it shipped on February 7th and we took delivery February 19th.

It was so worth the wait.