Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking range brass trim replacement

Posted by buckrogers (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 9:58

Hi all,

Buying a house that has a relatively new Viking range in it, which is not what I'd pick but isn't worth replacing. My problem is that it has brass trim around the knobs and the door handle, and a few other places. Does anyone know if the brass pieces are replaceable with stainless? I can't find any kits online, so I'm hoping someone here knows.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking range brass trim replacement

There is an authorized parts seller, but that info is not on the website. Call Viking and they will give you the contact info. I don't think the distributor has an internet site, I think you have to call them as well. I have also included a link to someone who sells bezels - not sure if they will work with your range.

Here is a link that might be useful: allvikingparts

o

Great link Barryv, thanks. I actually contacted these folks but didn't have a model number, so they couldn't help me. Looks like it can be done.

o

It is not uncommon that the model number on the Viking is at the back of the stove, so you have to pull it away from the wall. I suggest you take a photo of the label, sometimes when you try to buy parts, you need to know the year it was made to see which part to buy, so if you have the photo you can check it at a later time, instead of having to pull it out from the wall again.

o

Before you pull it away from the wall, look at this link.
On my Viking range it's under the grate/burner bowl on the left side like in the first example.

Here is a link that might be useful: Viking Model/SN location

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here