Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BlueStar - Loud boom noise after turning off gas oven

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 17, 13 at 9:28

I have a 36" Bluestar RNB and I've noticed that after turning off the oven, about 10-15 minutes later I will hear a loud "BOOM" noise. The oven is completely off (and has been for several minutes) when this happens.

The oven was installed in August 2013. But I cant say I remember the noise happening since then. I can definitely say its happened for the past 8 weeks for certain. But I do not use the oven daily. I probably only use it 2x a week or so on average.

Any ideas?

I did google the problem (not specific with Bluestar) and it does sound like a metal panel or something making the sound. I do not smell gas or anything like that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BlueStar - Loud boom noise after turning off gas oven

I get that big boom in my gas fireplace. It happens when it's turned on and off due to metal expanding and contracting. It's been going on for years and it still scares the bejesus outta me every time. But don't take my word for it...I'd call Bluestar to be sure....safety first!

o

My BS makes a very loud boom as well. I don't time it, but it is well after I shut it off, and I assume it has to do with expansion and contraction of metal. I don't always get it, but it is common if I am cooking at a high temp.

o

Thanks! I haven't called Bluestar yet. But i do think its like metal flexing. It hasn't happened the last few times I have used the oven. I've been trying to make a point to listen for it.

o

My wolf dual fuel range does the same thing.

Loud noise after the oven has been off for a time. It freaked me out at first (house is 8 yrsold), but I have come to expect it.

This is the first time I have seen any reference to anything similar by another poster.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here