Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcolo_gw

Install issues with Liebherr 36" fully integrated FD?

marcolo
11 years ago

I keep reading reviews of this fridge that say the install specs are wrong for custom cabinetry, and a greater clearance is needed than the design specs indicate.

Helpfully, not one person will share exactly what the problem is or what the correct dimensions should be.

Does anyone here have experience installing this fridge with custom cabinetry? In my install it will not be that easy to do just a little ripping and shaving--I really need the right answers up front.

Thanks.

Comments (9)

• cookncarpenter
    11 years ago

This will be interesting for me as well, as I am planning on getting the 30" fully integrated for my upcoming re-do

• marthavila
    11 years ago

I have the HCB2062 with custom door panels and surrounds. No problem with installation. However, since my GC was also a carpenter, it's possible he could have run into problems I never heard about.

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's my worry, marthavila. This seems to be only one or two wrong dimensions and most GCs probably just fix it as it comes. However, I'm having a sorta weird paint job and I don't have the luxury of just knocking off a bit of wood without delaying the project.

• marthavila
    11 years ago

I read those 2 reviews on AJ Madison claiming issues with the reveal and door closure. I'm wondering if it's that the installation specs are wrong so much as the persons doing those installations got it wrong and then shifted the blame to the specs. True, to get those doors to close automatically can take some serious fine tuning and adjusting. But, I know from direct experience, it can be done! If I were you, I'd call the Liebherr service center in Scottsdale and question them on it. Tel# 866-543-2437

• halfwaythere
    11 years ago

I am having the same 36" installed on Friday. I will say my cabinet guy made me very nervous when he measured for it a few weeks ago! He came to the house when it was delivered and went through the installation manual. He didn't care for it and took his own measurements. I winced. I don't remember what was wrong but I sure hope it gets installed correctly! Is yours installed yet? I'll update after my install. I did see the doors today and they are beautiful. I'll try to get feedback from him.

• halfwaythere
    11 years ago

After much delay the fridge is installed and it looks great. He prepared the panels in his shop and installed them at the house. He DID NOT follow the specs that came with the fridge. If you need me to follow up with my installer on what exactly he changed, I'd be happy to. Just let me know here.

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Halfwaythere: so was it totally off or just too complicated to follow?

• halfwaythere
    11 years ago

He claims some of the measurements were wrong but not by much. I don't know which ones though. He had the installation book open and double-checked each measurement in the book with the actual refrigerator with a tape measure. He's very thorough. When he said he was going to use his own measurements I was very scared! He's coming back this week to finish some things so I'll be sure to ask him which ones he didn't like. Here is the only pic I have so far. No toe kicks or handles yet for the pantry. Pardon the dust! We haven't moved in yet.

• halfwaythere
    11 years ago

He said the manual was about 1/8 too short. I did not panel the sides so I can't speak of those dimensions.