Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schultzd4_gw

Problems with electrolux 30" electric double wall ovens

Schultzd4
10 years ago

Has anyone experienced problems with their Electrolux double wall ovens? I purchased an Electrolux double wall oven and had them installed in late February of this year (2013). In April the convection fan in the bottom oven stopped working so had service come out. They schedule a visit to determine the problem, order necessary parts, and then come back a couple weeks later to install the parts. This was a minor inconvenience considering I could still use both ovens but I was annoyed that a new oven (less than 2 months) would need any "new" parts (all the parts should be new and working on a new oven!). Now on December 16th the whole thing just went dead. I was baking a cake in the top oven at 350 and broiling chicken in the bottom oven when it just died. No response on the control panel, no interior lights, no heat! The handle to the top oven was super hot as was the control panel. The trim on the control panel even started to separate. Service says they will have to order some parts before they will even come out this time so thinking I am at least 2 weeks away from having an oven. This is a major inconvenience since nothing works and now there will be no Christmas baking or our traditional Christmas eve ham dinner with family. I am really angry! Has anyone else had similar problems?

Comment (1)