Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
narrowed down to 2 fridges...I think...help please

Posted by aklvdb (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 8:52

I had put a hold on our kitchen remodel until something broke. Well, our fridge broke. We fixed it. It broke again, we have a temporary fix, but don't want to deal with this every 2 weeks. So off looking at Fridges and wondering if anyone has an opinion :)
I think either the Electrolux Icon Counter depth (counter depth is necessity) with the bottom freezer E23BC78IPS, will end up being about $3050 after rebates. External Water and ice (I so need the water!) Looks awesome, DH likes it. Any downfall? I think they seem to have worked out the kinks with the ice/water.
Other choice, the GE Cafe counterdepth bottom freezer (CFCP1NIZSS). Can get external water and ice, or just internal water (would be happy with that). $2500 or 2700 depending on the water configuration.

We have ruled out Kenmore(DH doesn't like), Samsung(not crazy about the look, which is too bad as the price is awesome), LG (so $$)and the GE profile (the new one will not be available here in counter depth for I don't know how long I'm in Canada). Kitchen aid, didn't really have one to look at.

When I do the range, it will most likely be the Electrolux slide in induction, unless they come out with something else amazing in the next while.

Any help?
Thank you all, this website is a wealth of info!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: narrowed down to 2 fridges...I think...help please

I have the elux but not the icon.
Love it. I have saved so much because food lasts so long without spoiling. The freezer is amazing as it keeps ice cream solidly frozen.
I did not go with water or ice through the door for 2 reasons.
( even though I was used to this since I was in high school)
1, took up too much real estate in the fridge. 2, at that time 2.5 years ago) Elux was having some issues with the ice through the door. Make it 3 reasons- DH uses ice on his injuries and the ice resivoir was too small.
I keep water in the fridge in the summer. In the winter, the water enters our house at 37 degrees so decided I could live without ice/water through the door
Usual iPhone text errors.

o

I went with the Viking D3 RDDFF236SS, which is the same as the KA KFCP22/KFCS22 and Jenn-Air JFC2290 models and very similar dimensions to the models you are considering. The internal water dispenser is great (for same reasons a2gemini mentionned above). Plus you're in the mid $2K range. The prices you're quoting seem a bit high (Canada?).

o

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I am in Canada. These prices are on sale (Boxing Day prices, like Black Friday for you Americans :) ). I think we've decided on the Elux Icon (less than the least expensive Elux d/t rebates, price matching etc). Thanks!!

o

Have fun shopping on Boxing Day - are the stores open? Whenever we go to Canada - everything is closed!

o

Thanks a2gemini, yes, the stores will be open :) I know, it's so different from the US, everything is open all the time out there!

o

Missed BD this year - We usually end up in SSM around 5 PM in BD and everything is closed up like a clam!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here