Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36 inch gas cooktop recommendations please

Posted by she_007 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 8:10

Trying to select a 36 inch has cooktop for our new home. Currently, we are considering DCS, Dacor, and GE cafe. Advice on these? Any other recommendations? We would like to keep it under $1500.

Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36 inch gas cooktop recommendations please

Take a look at the BlueStar RBCT365BSS, I'm not sure it fits your $1500 budget. A phone call will let you know that.

o

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the open burner, but will think about it some more.
What hood cfm do you recommend with the BlueStar?

o

I just went with the open burner in a Capital Cuinarian Rangetop, the only other option I looked at was the Bluestar. Because of the open burners. I got the Capital at a slightly better price, thats why I chose Capital. I wanted the Bluestar cooktop, but my wife liked the rangetop look. I got the rangetop, LOL.

In general total your BTU's then divide by 100. For the Bluestar that's 610 CFM, maybe go a bit highter for fudge factor. For me the only cooktop I would even consider in the Bluestar.

o

Love our Dacor Renaissance that we got in February 2010. Works great and looks great and surprisingly easy to keep clean, especially the bead blasted surface around the burners.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here