Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Built In Look With Counter Depth Fridge installation

Posted by dms1973 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 7:47

I have finally decided that I just don't have the budget for a built in fridge and have settled on a counter depth for my kitchen remodel. In looking through photos of counter depth fridge installations some look incredibly good and others are not quite as well integrated. Are there any tricks that my cabinet maker should know in order to help get an installation that really gets that built in look?

Also, are there any cabinet depth fridges that don't have the gray plastic feet at the bottom that give it away as a cabinet depth fridge? Thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Built In Look With Counter Depth Fridge installation

We had to make a lot of trips to the appliance store to check out exactly how the hinges open. That has a lot to do with how far forward the box has to sit. I was all set to get the Electrolux, but we will be looking directly at the side of the thing, so my husband talked me into the Liebherr. Maybe there was another solution, but that's where we ended up. I don't recall what the feet look like, though.

o
RE: Built In Look With Counter Depth Fridge installation

You can have your cabinet maker make all of your boxes on the same line as the cabinet extra deep, at least an inch and up to three (25 to 27 inches), in order to fit the full body depth. Or, you have to have your GC install your water line and plugs to be as recessed as possible behind the fridge opening. In fact, at the narrower 25" depth, you may still have to recess your plugs and water connections.

I have a 24" depth and one of the few CD fridges that come with a 23 1/2" deep body, plus a special trim kit. And, I still had to route the water line up from the floor and recess the plugs in order to get it to all fit.

All in all, it will still stick out, unless you get a built-in, integrated refrigerator. It will just stick out less. Many of the models do have a black or grey cover at the bottom that cover the bottom, some have a grill, and others, as you note, just have feet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here