Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zfrankle

Behmor coffee roaster - GREAT service

zfrankle
11 years ago

I do whine about bad customer service, so I should also offer praise where it's merited. We love coffee, and drink lots of it - espresso, vacuum pot, and pour-over. I've been roasting my own for the last 10 years, going from popcorn poppers to small home machines and finally to the Behmor, which has a 1-pound capacity (we drink about 2 pounds per week). I've been using the Behmor 1600 for almost 2 years - it's a great machine for indoors, because it has a catalytic converter that eliminates most of the smoke roasting produces. Living in an apartment, that's a crucial feature. After many, many pounds, the roaster stopped working, apparently resetting itself in the middle of a roast, with much drama and smoke. After restarting it in cool-down mode the catalytic converter kicked in but I couldn't get it to complete another roast cycle.
I wrote Behmor about it, and they called me that same day.The tech diagnosed the problem and offered to replace the defective part for free, despite the fact that its warranty had run out. I didn't have to beg, they just offered it unprompted. That's service. I know it's a niche product as opposed to a universal appliance, but it's so nice to be surprised by good service. I got mine at Sweet Maria's, which is also where I get my green beans.

Comments (5)