Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodiefrog

Electrolux refrigerator: Icon vs IQ-Touch

foodiefrog
9 years ago

I'm trying to decide between 2 Electrolux refrigerators: Icon E23BC68JPS and IQ-Touch EI23BC80KS.

Does anyone know:
1. If both are full stainless on front and sides, or if both are just stainless on front and gray on sides, or if they differ?

2. If the IQ80 has the extra rack on the freezer door that the Icon apparently has?

3. Also, do you think the Icon is worth $400-500 higher than the IQ?

4. Finally, I was thinking of getting the unit from Lowes because I heard they are pretty amenable to returns and authorizing service. It seems important to get appliances from a store that is not going to give you grief when today's appliances have a higher probability of breaking down within the warranty period than appliances past. I was also considering getting their protection plan. Any thoughts on this strategy?

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• jdoenumber2
    9 years ago

What shelfing does the icon have. I have the wave touch and don't like the curved glass shelfing design. I hate to say but have you considered lg? Not a fan of lg but with a mid level counter depth storage is a premium and the ice maker takes up quite a bit of space in mine. That coupled with the volitality of elux acquiring GE has me concerned. If it's about the exterior look the Lg studio has a contemporary look.

• jdoenumber2
    9 years ago

I got first gen elux with Nickeloide side. Fake looking metal. If I remember correctly the are all grey now. Freezer in mine is nice because I have 3 full width shelfs and no soft freeze. Let me do a more detailed compare online between the 2. I didn't look up models and assumed it was a dispensing model. Skip lg when possible because of service related issues.

• jdoenumber2
    9 years ago

1. Both grey sides unless old stock. Wrap sides for nicer look.

2. No extra rack per specs on IQ80.

3. Value is up to you. Each has their advantages and drawbacks.

4. Only buy from a independtly owned place that service the product. Only buy if certain. Lowes doesn't service what they sell. They won't take back special orders and should be only option if no independent dealer is around. With lowes profits goes to shareholders. Independent dealers support the community. BUY THE WARRANTY! I hate to say it that way. If you only knew what I deal with on a daily basis.

• foodiefrog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes. It's nice that you have 3 full width freezer drawers. That's what I'd like to get too but can't tell what the current models have due to conflicts b/w written descriptions and photos. The photos of the Icon show 3 full width freezer drawers but the specs say 2 full width and 1 half width. I wish I could see one in person but no one stocks Elux around here. When I called the company, it seemed like they weren't sure...they were just reading written material like me off the Internet.

Re: the sides, when you say they are all gray now does that mean they're all stainless?

Anyone else out there have the Elux Icon E23BC68JPS or IQ EI23BC80KS?

• jdoenumber2
    9 years ago

Because the fact the icemaker Is located in the freezer a full 3d rack won't fit only half will work in design. Grey paint sides. Never trust stock photos. Ask to see if you can get photos from electrolux images from a local dealer. And work with them and have their rep get involved to email to tech dept.