Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldkj

Electrolux Wall Over Heated

oldkj
9 years ago

We have an Electrolux EDEE63AS*41 dual wall oven. Tonight it appears that it stuck on Fast Heat Up when in fan cook mode. We noticed that something was wrong when I took a diner plate out of the oven and placed it on the benchtop where it immediately shattered as it was soooo hot. I then looked in the oven and the area around the fan and rear element was glowing Red Hot.
I immediately turned the oven off at the wall master switch. After a couple of minutes I turned it back on at the wall switch, the oven initialised and was sitting at the "Please enter time" prompt, but the cabinet cooling fan was running, so thought this was good as it will help cool down the cabinet which had got very hot, and as I had not programmed the time the oven would not respond to any oven settings and would be safe to leave to cool down. WRONG.
We sat down to have our diner. Little did we know that the Fan Forced Element had again turned on to MAX heat. Sometime later we could smell extreme heat and looking across from the dining table we could see the inside back of the oven glowing red. How it never set the cabinetry on fire I do not know, maybe another minute or two and we could have had a serious fire on our hands.
I dont want to sound alarmist, but this scared the living daylights out of us and felt that I should post this to inform other owners of this potential for disaster.
If anyone else has experienced this problem could you please reply to this post.

Keith

Comments (2)