Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fauguy

New Miele Dishwashers?

fauguy
15 years ago

I heard back in Oct that some new (upgraded) Miele Dishwasher were due out the 2nd half of December. They are upgrades to the LaPerla, Excella, Optima, and Diamante.

Has anyone heard anything about these new models?

The only thing I heard (and read) was about the new LaPerla and Excella that opens and closes the door automaticly to help with drying,

Comments (30)

• sasafrass
    15 years ago

I heard the introduction was delayed and again the only big difference was the door thing and of course the price. I have a brand new Excella and I love it, however, the thought of paying any more for a dishwasher seems insane to me. In fact what I paid seems insane too now that I think about it. But, like I said it's a great dishwasher.

• jerrod6
    15 years ago

The new models you are referring to were released in Europe and other parts of the world this year. If you want to read about them you can find them at the Miele Australia web site - Miele.com.au Select domestic products, then brochures then Dishwashers and download the brochure in PDF form. You will need adobe reader which is common.

Models in the USA use a number and name but most other places only use the number and there are more models available in Australia so you will have to try to match models by their numbers and looks. The new models in this documentation have similar numbers to the previous ones but may end in a different one.

For my current model which is the G2830 LaPerla the new model is the G2833. The only differences I see in the new model compared to mine are:

Sensor dry which senses the air temperature of your room and the Dw load size to assist with drying.

The automatic door opening during drying if you want it. I guess you choose this if you don't want to use fan drying.

A turbo function which will allow a quicker cycle by using more water and heat(great if you want to operate your DW like it was a model from yesteryear).

A indicator that tells you it is still OK to add a forgotten item. (Have we become that stupid and clueless so that we can't figure out if it is too late to add an item?)

Their new Stainless Steel finish that allows easy cleaning of SS and is soil resistant.

A quieter pump and a sound rating of 41db which is one lower than the current G2830 LaPerla at 42db .

I only have experience with the G2830 Laperla so I didn't look at the other models to compare them, and there is no way to tell what will be offered to the USA when those models are released.

Page 47 shows the option to install the DW at eye level. This is not new but I like the idea.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info Jerrod6.

I looked through the PDF and saw the Build-Under models G1143SCU, G1243SCU, and G2243SCU. Those looks close to the G2150SC Diamante and G2430SC Optima.

What's interesting is that they have standard and XXL models in AU, but don't show any Prefinished Fully-Integrated units.

I do like the idea of the new Stainelss Doors that don't show fingerprints. In the 3 months we had the Electrolux, it was always getting fingerprints around the top.

• somonica
    15 years ago

The best thing about the new Miele G2002 models roll out is the BIG sale of the out going G2000 models. Here in Canada, we got 25% off of G2630 Excella.....

That's what I just got for my x'mas..... and Miele Canada will install it to me tomorrow!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Canada dishwasher sale!

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

The new U.S. models are supposed to be rolling-out this month. I got my hands on a couple of "cheat sheets" from Meiele with the new model numbers:

The Excella G2630SCi will become the Excella G2732SCi. The LaPerla G2830SCi will become the LaPerla G2832SCi. Somewhat confusingly, the two fully-integrated Exella models will become LaPerlas: G2670SCVi becomes G2872SCVi and G2670SCSF becomes G2872SCSF. The person who gave me this information also tells me that there is no word from Miele on any price increase.

Miele distributors don't have this information in their system yet so I wasn't able to order a new model. I'll probably wait until the first of the year and try again.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Somonica:

I might have to contact the EXPO store and see if they are doing a 25% off, but I don't see anything like that listed on the U.S. Miele stite.

Dalerb66:

The only (current) Miele Dishwahser units I'm interested in are the G2150SC Diamante and G2430SC Optima due to the price. I like the G2470SCSF Optima and G2670SCSF Excella, since they are prefinished and intregrated, but are more than I'd want to spend. Do any of those show an updated model number (such as an G2152SC Diamante)?

• somonica
    15 years ago

Hi fauguy...

I was also looking at Diamante and Optima too.....

But with that 25% discount and a big drop on Canadian dollar during last month..... now, I end up getting an Excella for the US price of Diamante!!

Even if the New Excella is here now, I might still think I can live with the older Excella for *That* much different in price....

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

fauguy:
    Sorry, but I only have information for the 2009 Excella and LaPerla models as those were the two I am interested in. If you live near enough to one of the Miele showrooms, you might pop in there and see if they will divulge anything.

• jerrod6
    15 years ago

You can also find the newer models on the Miele UK web site. I downloaded the user manuals for the AU and UK 2833. Same machine but there are minor differences in the cycles. The names are the same but the compositions are slightly different, so they may be configured differently for the USA and North America. Not surprising since if I change the geographic region on my current laPerla the cycles act differently.

I like to review complete user documentation before making a purchase so that hidden information can be uncovered.

I also see that you can use vinegar in the rinse aid dispenser instead of rinse aid if you don't like rinse aid solution although drying performance may not be the same. Maybe if you use the sensor dry with the door opening feature...the use of vinegar may not matter.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I contact the Miele Showroom next week, since its only a few miles from me and I've been there before. Maybe they can give me some more info about the new Diamante, Optima, Excelle models, and if there is going to be a discount for 2008 models like there is in Canada.

• housefamous
    15 years ago

I spoke to a Miele customer service person on the phone today. She told me that the new line of dishwashers is scheduled to go out at the beginning of February (not sure whether that's when they'll be introduced, when they'll be shipping, or both).

She said that some of the new features will include (depending on the particular model) sensor drying, automatic door opening, new rack configurations, new stainless steel, a "turbo mode", and better water/energy efficiency.

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

I purchased a 2009 model Excella dishwasher today (G2732SCi SS). I'm not sure how long the dealers have had the updated model list but when I last checked (Dec 9) they didn't have them and weren't able to process an order.

I'll find out tomorrow when I'll be able to take delivery. The price was unchanged from the previous model (G2630SCi).

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    15 years ago

They are replacing the units as we speak basically it boils down to this.

G2120 & G2140 become a G2142 model
    G2170 is dicontinued
    G2180 becomes G2182
    G2150 Diamante becomes G2143 and gains panel ready model which is G2183
    G2430 becomes G2432
    G832 becomes G1202(not available until march)
    G818 becomes G1262(not available until march)
    G2470 becomes G2472
    G1470 becomes G1472
    G2630 becomes G2732
    G2670 is replaced by La Perla option G2872
    G2830 becomes G2832

Most of these are available now or will be shortly. the 18" models are not available until at least the end of february or march sometime

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

My Excella II is available from Miele's distribution center right now and will be at my appliance dealer's warehouse on Friday. We'll schedule delivery next week and it will be installed by the end of that week!

The new models are also starting to show up on Miele's web page...

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Dishwashers

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The new series-II dishwashers are listed on the Miele site.

It looks like the main difference are the Clean Steal and drying.
    The products with the red * are being discontinued, and from the looks of it, there's not a replacement for the Diamante G2150SC, but there is an Inspira-II G2142SC and Optima-II G2432SC.

I'll have to contact the local showroom to see what info they have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Dishwashers

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

The instruction manuals are also becoming available at the Miele site.

Comparing the US models to the same models available elsewhere in the world is always interesting. By looking at the US manual for the G2732SCi (Excella II in the US) compared to the same model as sold in Australia I see that we do not get the salt reservoir filler in the door. For some reason the US model still has it in the floor pan. Everything else appears identical, but for some reason Miele always seems to take something away from the models they sell in the US.

Miele makes great products. I loved my old Miele dishwasher and I'm sure I'll love the new one. Just never understood why Miele treats the US market differently than the rest of the world.

Here is a link that might be useful: Operating Instruction Manuals

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    15 years ago

There is a replacement for the G2150 Diamante it is a G2143SC and G2183SCVi. I believe these 2 have been delayed due to stock on 2150's.

Now is an excellent time though to get some awesome deals on the now discontinued series

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

There must have been a delay on the Miele site.
    Yesterday, the series-II Diamante, Excelle, and La Perla were not there.
    Today they are listed.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Looking at the Diamante-II G2143SC and origional G2150SC, the new model has an LED display, 24hr countdown timer, turbo mode, water softener, and the clean touch steel door.

There is also a G2183SCSF Prefinished, Fully-Integrated Diamante-II, but it does not have the LED display, 24hr countdown timer, or turbo mode.
    If you want those features in a prefinished, fullt-intergated unit, you have to step-up to the Optima-II G2472SCSF.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went to the Miele showroom and they are going to have the new Series-II dishwashers installed next week (Inspira, Optima, Excella, and LaPerla....no Diamante). I called EXPO, but they are waiting on their new price sheet. When I asked the reps at the Showroom about discounts for discontinued models, they said it's up to the dealer, but it's unlikely. When I asked EXPO, they said they only discount floor models or customer returns. So it looks like there isn't going to be any discounts on the older models. I'll update once I can get some prices and look at them in the showroom.

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    15 years ago

To get New in Box deals you'll have to hold your breath. As it stands Miele has a limited stock on the original series and the new machines are coming in. With model changes it typically takes 4-6 weeks to filter out so that Miele discounts their old merchandise to dealers because thats when they know for sure how many leftovers they will have. Don't count on too many of those but floor model deals should be pretty sweet.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got a call back from EXPO today. Here are the prices for the new Diamante and Optima units...

$1399 G2143SC Diamante II, PreFinished
    $1499 G2183SCSF Diamante II, PreFinished Fully Integrated
    $1699 G2432SC Optima II, PreFinished
    $1799 G2472SCSF Optima II, PreFinished Fully Integrated

So the new PreFinished Diamante and Optima are only $20 more than the older models. The Fully Integrated Diamante is $100 more than the non-integrated, but looses the LED Display, 24Hr Countdown, and Turbo mode. The new Integrated Optima is now $100 less than last years model.

Once the Showroom has them installed, I'll go take a look at them so I can decide which model to get.

• somonica
    15 years ago

The new models are also showing up at Miele Canada website as well....

$2599 CAD for SS Excella II G2732!

I pay $1849 CAD for my SS Excella G2630 just before x'mas....

Here is a link that might be useful: new Canadian pricing for Excella II

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

In December, Miele was doing a discount in Canada on their dishwashers. They are not doing that in the US.

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The dishwasher PDF is now up. The local Showroom will have all the models installed by Monday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele 2009 Dishwasher PDF

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Has anyone purcahsed one of the new 2009 Miele Dishwashers?

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

fauguy: if you look up above you'll see that I purchased and had installed an Excella II in January. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a gas meter to be re-installed at my house (it was removed to accommodate a major remodel) so I don't yet have hot water. Until I have hot water I won't really know how well the latest model performs...

• fauguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

But doesn't all the Miele Dishwashers have a built in water heater? Is the Excella-II installed and working, or waiting for the gas meter first?

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

Yes, I realized after posting this that I could rely on the internal water heater and a very long cycle to use the Miele as is. But without gas, I'm not really able to occupy the house yet so I'm not generating any dirty dishes there that would require washing! (I really should have been in the house about ten weeks ago. You really don't want to hear about the frustrating delays, believe me...)

• lemueltay_optusnet_com_au
    14 years ago

Hi guys,

Picked up a Miele G2832SCi here in Australia just last month (April 2009). And you won't believe the price - AUD$2099 (approx USD$1490). Of course this was a run-out price as the new G2833 is here, but I heard this was on back-order.

Love the G2832 - even if it's not called "La Perla", it is still a gem (!). And it has the salt refill in the door, though that makes a funny kinda whoosh-rattle sound when the door is opened or closed, as the salt grains move around.

But my favourite feature is the basket configurations - so much more flexibility to put stuff anywhere. Extra bits can go in either top or bottom basket. Eg. extra salad plates - fit in middle basket no problem; extra glasses - pop them on top of the three fold-down shelves on the bottom basket.

PS: ask me anything about the G2832 - I've just about tried every wash cycle by now.