Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julia_249

High end appliances

julia_249
11 years ago

Hi every one. I bought a house recently it was bank owned for a while so they get red of all the appliances that were there.
So I'm looking for pretty much all the kitchen appliances plus washer and dryer. For resale purpose we considered high end ones. They suggested Thermador, kitchenaid Viking and wolf.
However the last two some of them they said they are only known for their cooktops and ovens but not for refrigerator and dishwashers.
Could u please help me with your experience
We kind of interested in Thermador specially with their free dishwasher and hood , that will save us some money .
For the refrigerator we have 48 wide place for it so unfortunately no French door is bigger than 42 so they recommended the free columns one which I like it since it is a different system from freezer.
As for the cook top we prefer induction ones I two year old baby and I don't trust gas cook tops so induction has a fantastic child safety system
But there are two types of induction the freedom induction top that has no burners juts flat piece of glass you can cook any where on it and the one with burners which is less expensive and has no metal edges which make it easier fro cleaning.
As for the dishwasher it comes free if you buy the oven but it is has only two racks . Do you think it worths to pay extra 200$ and get the third rack?!
As for the washer and dryer the suggested whirlpools they said it is the best rated one but I noticed a rubber material on the washer that other brands like kenmore doesnot have it. The disadvantage is that the water will gather inside it and bad smell will ba there.
Appreciate your help

Comments (2)

• xedos
    11 years ago

"For resale purpose we considered high end"

"we prefer induction"

which is it - are you looking to flip this puppy or get what you like ?

The two generally aren't compatible , since broad and bland usually appeal to a larger section of the home buying public at any price range - and make it easier to sell. Induction is a niche appliance and a very small one at that. It's going to turn off more people than it attracts

AND cooktops are the least standardized of appliances when it comes to cutout dimensions so replacing them is difficult and sometimes impossible without a new countertop.

"Do you think it worths to pay extra 200$ and get the third rack?! "

I won't live without a third rack in a DW, and I also won't live with a Thermador DW,. Also, it doesn't really matter what I think if you have to live with it - or are trying to attract potential buyers. 99.9 % won't notice whether you DW has a 3rd rack and I'm pretty certain it won't be a deal breaker on selling - even if it is you'd just offer a $2000 credit towards whatever DW the new owner would like to have.

Re: the washer dryer, you leave the door open on a front loader til it drys out. If you don't the gasket will likely mold and mildew - doesn't matter the brand. It's a habit to learn - not a product defect.

• Nunyabiz1
    11 years ago

What money are you looking to spend?
    also sounds like you are thinking of "matching" appliances, don't bother with that its ridiculous.
    Get whats best for the money, the stupid little tag matching is meaningless.

IF money is a concern I would opt for a NXR GAS Range, should be able to get one for between $1800 to no more than $2000.
    As for a 48" fridge you could go for a 24" Fridge and a 24" freezer side by side and make one door open left and one right, then you have a 48" refrigerator. Cost is fairly high though.
    As far as Washer & Dryer, that is basically like a religion, the front load cult loves them regardless of flaws.
    Personally I wouldn't have one, much prefer the top loader, all research I have done clearly shows that top loaders in general last longer and have less problems. Front loaders are far more prone to have bearing problems within 3-7 years. More expensive to repair and more prone to need repair. no thanks

I opted for the LG Waveforce washer and dryer, very large capacity, quiet, seem to be well made, washes clothes very well, had them just over a year and so far would definitely buy them again.