Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux icon wall oven

Posted by jasperdog (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 0:04

I was looking at the extended warranty and it appears it doesn't cover much. Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone felt the need to purchase the extended warranty? How has service been if you needed it? I'm especially interested in the porcelain since I know several folks have had problems with other manufacturer's porcelain finish coming off. Thanks

"This Service Contract does not cover repairs which are necessary because of improper installation, cosmetic damage, negligence, misuse, abuse, alteration, rust of any kind, service or replacement of porcelain enamel, exterior and interior finishes, repair by persons other than our authorized service technicians, fire, theft, acts of God, pre-existing conditions, improper gas, electrical or water connections, maintenance, such as replacement light bulbs, as outlined in the Owner's guide, replacement of water hoses, gas or electrical connections, venting hoses, periodic cleaning and the repair of appliance(s) that are not readily accessible for repair. This Service Contract only covers single-family or non-commercial multi-unit dwellings. It does not cover any appliance(s) used in any commercial application. This Service Contract will cover in-home service on all appliances except dehumidifiers, which are carry-in service items only."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux icon wall oven

What company is that from? I had a five year warranty on my Elux oven provided and serviced by the dealer. With a couple months left I found enamel chipping. The dealer had closed in our area but paid for service from company I chose.
I think that chipping must have become an issue as they have made it an exclusion. Maybe Squaretrade would have something. Also try other dealers. If you want to avoid blue enamel, Kenmore Elite wall oven with the dual fans is made by Electrolux. I haven't used it to say how it is but it does have gray enamel. If the blue goes in my Elux now I might consider that.

o

It's straight off the Electrolux website.

o

Now that is scary.
My experience with Electrolux. The first oven I got in 08 was chpping enamel in shards and they replaced it. At a little over 4 years the second oven had the enamal degrade in what looked like linear scratches. I called them first to see what they would say and they were not helpful. They would not tell me if the oven liner could be replaced and wanted me to pay for a service call to find out. I did call my extended warranty and I had to pay out of pocket and they reimbursed me. That exclusion in the extended warranty speaks volumes to me.
Repair bill was a little over $500 total if I remember. I received a fixed estimate. The oven in my Wolf range would cost part plus $800 to start with no cap on labor just for comparison for the same issue. I also had blue enamel that was bad on a Dacor oven and range. No more blue for me ever.
That is very disappointing from Electrolux. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Icon extended warrant

o

I've heard that this is an older problem that has been fixed, but I would really like to know if that is the case! Doesn't seem like the company is very confident about the fix if they've added that wording specifically since then. We are planning on including the Electrolux oven as well, but won't be buying appliances until March, so could still change our plan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here