Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
high performing, mid-priced double wall oven and cooktop?

Posted by aimskitchen (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 22:50

We're trying to finalize our decision on appliances before we order cabinetry, and it's a bit overhwelming. We've picked out a Kitchenaid refrigerator because the side-by-side works well in our space (shallower than most non-counterdepth fridges), and has no water dispenser - my choice. We've also tentatively chosen a KA dishwaher, but are looking at different makers for the double wall ovens and cooktop. Below are some of the choices we're considering, and would greatly value input and experience. FYI, we are not in the Wolf, etc, high end price range, but in what seems to be the middle or upper middle. In terms of use, 5 of our 6 kids are still at home and I cook/bake everything from scratch due to extensive dietary issues, so I'm looking for a combination of great performance and great value.

Double Wall Ovens:
Kitchenaid
Bosch
Whirlpool
(am I missing something?)

36" gas cooktop:
Bertazzoni
Kitchenaid
Thermador

Thanks for any input; the kind folks here at GW have been such a huge help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: high performing, mid-priced double wall oven and cooktop?

The BlueStar RBCT365BSS is the highest performing "36 gas cooktop on the market regardless of price. It is cheaper than Thermador but more expensive than Berta or KA. That decision is a no brainer.

Electrolux is in the same price range as KA double wall ovens. Better features and better quality.New ones made in the USA. Some old stock made in Canada ovens are probably still in inventory among different retailers.There is at least one veteran Appliance Forum member that prefers this oven than any other at any price.

Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here