Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Pros/Cons of External vs In-line blowers

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

We purchased a Zephr Okeanito 48" wall hood. Initially, we thought that the external blower would have to be right over our patio so we got an in-line blower. The vent for the inline is coming out a few inches more than originally thought and it has to go through the master bath and then up through the attic (so it's a pain and more work and the contractor has never done this method before.) We will renovate the master bath in a year and wer thinking there could just be a wall around the vent and shelving and that maybe the door frame could be moved over an inch or so

Then just today, one of the contractor guys got the idea to put the blower on the side wall which I think would be OK. It's near the patio but wouldn't be facing the patio because there is a little nook. Chances are, if we are cooking and using the blower, we wouldn't be outside on the patio anyway.

I am not sure if we can exchange the in-line blower for an external one. If we can, are there other negatives to the external blower? I thought someone had said it could be hard to find people to service them if they break. Is that true even though ours would be in a very accessible spot? We know that we would have to have some sort of cover built for it and the air comes out at the bottom. Would love some photos of creative covers.

Do you think we should exchange and if we cant, do you think we should just purchase an external blower and try to sell the in-line? What are the benefits of inline? Unfortunately, I didn't see the external blower priced at plessers.com The hood was damaged so we have to wait for a new one anyway so waiting for a blower isn't an issue.

Would love opinions.

Thank you!

Comments (3)