Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garland RNB conversion

Posted by sefuller (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 22:33

Anyone have any experience converting an RPB30 from LP to natural gas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garland RNB conversion

I have heard that with the Garland there is more to the conversion than just changing the orifices, can anyone comment if there is any truth to that? Additionally, does anyone know if Bluestar parts will work on the Garland RNB?

Thanks,
Scott

o

This is a VERY obscure question that few , if any, people have the answer to.

Garland didn't sell many residential ranges during their time in the marketplace and they'd all have been configured for the original install.

I assume you've bought a second hand one.

You should contact a service provider and see if he's willing to tackle the research needed for this. Expect to pay a few hundred bucks for the legwork whether it bears fruit or not.

o

Just in case anyone else is interested, the Garland has field serviceable orifices on the open burners (except the small simmer burner-within-a-burner). The regulator is also field serviceable, so the only orifices that need to be replaced are the oven, ir broiler, and the small simmer burner. The open burner orifices have a size 50 hole (suitable for natural gas), but are tightened down all the way onto a pin in the housing for LP gas, which restricts the opening size. The regulator has a disc that is removed and reversed depending on whether LP or natural gas is used. In the image, one of the open burner orifices is removed, showing the "pin" in the housing. The tandem orifices in the background are for the open burner with the small simmer burner.

o

Nice write up and photos. I am sure a few months from now someone will be doing a search on this topic and find your post and be pretty happy you posted it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here