Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flood Safe Hoses

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 22:30

Its been years since I swaped out my washer hoses..I use braided steel and picked up a new set at HD. Later at Lowes I saw braided steel as well but advertised as flood safe...somehow they sense a flood and shut off...or so it says? Any feedback on these....they are the same price as the HD hoses so there is no price advantage one way or another. I have no idea how they even work. Is it a gimmic?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flood Safe Hoses

I'll bet they are the same hose. My advice is to call up the store and ask. Someone will know or they will look it up and call you back. We installed a single lever faucet that my wife can operate. We are in our 80s so you know it is easy. Just look up single lever washer shut offs on google and you will see what I mean. Ours is made of brass and is a double ball valve with a single lever in the middle. I don't recall where I got it but I found it on line.

o

I'll bet they are the same hose. My advice is to call up the store and ask. Someone will know or they will look it up and call you back. We installed a single lever faucet that my wife can operate. We are in our 80s so you know it is easy. Just look up single lever washer shut offs on google and you will see what I mean. Ours is made of brass and is a double ball valve with a single lever in the middle. I don't recall where I got it but I found it on line.

o

Floodsafe advertises that it has a sensor in the inlet that measure the water flow, and if it exceeds a set amount, it automatically shuts the flow of water. Don't know if it works or not, but that is what they say

Here is a link that might be useful: floodsafe

o

Bosch sells a fill hose that I use for customers with upstairs installs or condos that shuts off the water automatically if the hose gets any size leak. It works on all brands.
It's part number 646220.
it has double wall construction and if the inner hose leaks the water fills the outer hose which triggers a shutoff device where the hose hooks to the faucet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here