Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elisamaria8

Bluestar in Boston

elisamaria
9 years ago

I was hoping to checkout/buy a bluestar but I'm not sure where to go, yelp isn't that much help. (I'm just north of boston)

Comments (9)

• novanovice
    9 years ago

Go to their website, and you can find the authorized dealers. They even show which ones have live demos installed. On top of that, they have other demos that are in the North East area.

• elisamaria
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've done that, was just hoping to hear some suggestions from personal experience...

• philwojo99
    9 years ago

Why do you need someone's personal experiencing to go and look at an appliance? You didn't ask for feedback on a place to buy, but rather on where you could go to see one. Now if you mean you would like some input as to what dealer/store might be a good place to go based on the people and sales tactics there, that is another question, but so far, not what you asked.

Phil

• elisamaria
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Phil,
    I DID say BUY a range. Thank you so much for your helpful post!

• stevep2005
    9 years ago

KAM is just south of Boston in Hanover. They have three locations so might have a decent supply on hand to look at. http://www.kamonline.com/by-brand/blu/BlueStar.html
    Yale used to sell BlueStar but no longer. Eurostoves in Beverly was a longtime favorite but they also dropped BlueStar.

• marcolo
    9 years ago

I swear I just posted this! AAA Appliance in JP was friendly to visit. Never bought from them, though.

• elisamaria
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yikes! It seems concerning that both Yale and eurostoves dropped Bluestar...
    Any idea why?

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

Re Eurostoves, there is a long history there. Trevor Lawson of Eurostoves was a huge Blue Star booster for a long time. He did a number of videos showing the great features of Blue Star which are still online. Then he started selling the Capital Culinarian. The Culinarian is THE competition. Then BS dropped him (I think), then he started selling BS again, then he stopped. I think I have that all right but you might want to go back to check old posts.

When I was shopping for a range a couple of years ago, I had a number of conversations with Trevor. I was going back and forth between the BS and the CC. At that time he was selling only Capital. He was of course favoring the CC, because that's what he was selling. But he did say that the BS was a great range and that I could not go wrong with either one. That made me feel better because I just preferred the BS. I loved the star burners and the racks were supposed to be better than those on the manual clean CC. I was adamantly opposed to self-clean because I was on a rampage against electronics, so the choice was BS or the manual CC.

For what it's worth, I went shopping for ranges at Gringers in Manhattan although I purchased elsewhere. They are been around forever and carry everything. The sales staff is really knowledgeable, I think. The guy was a BS fan as opposed to CC, but mostly because at that time CC was still relatively new. I wonder what he would say now.

I really love my BS. It is one of my two favorite things in my kitchen.

Can't speak about Yale.

• billy_g
    9 years ago

You could call Trevor and compare the CC and Bluestar side by side. I'm pretty sure he still has a Bluestar model in his store.

Billy