Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelrobin_gw

Need a wall oven BEFORE I redo the kitchen!

kelrobin
10 years ago

Would love some feedback on wall ovens and MW's with features mentioned below. This is my wonderful 20 year old kitchen that I have loved but things are starting to need replacing. Some looks are tired, and a few things are starting to go out like the wall oven. It was a great looking GE but a horrible appliance . . . everything started breaking including the door, and now I need to finally bite the bullet and replace it. The problem is that I want to redo everything at some point and am slowly replacing with stainless. I have been so pleased with my white Sharp microwave above (used every day and still going strong!) After tearing out my hair studying all the oven combos, I decided to do separate units like I have now, or just replace the oven and do the MW when it goes. We love the drop down door on the MW, and the only ones similar are the Jenn-Air, Kitchen Aid and Electrolux, There may be some others, but after picking out several matching ovens, I am having misgivings about all. I love the new Thermador Pro but don't like the MW, and the JA and KA seem to have squatty looking MW's that are going to be set low in my corner column stack without tearing up the doors above. I don't need a fancy oven, but would like convection and some of the other new features unavailable 20 years ago! I also am really wed to the drop down door feature. My DH refuses to get a drawer MW, and we have an old Thermador warming drawer working fine now. Thanks for any suggestions . . . or may be doing the turkey on the grill again!

Comments (2)