Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azjenny

Marvel Full Size fridges

azjenny
10 years ago

Does anyone here have these?
I can find no reviews on Marvel except for the undercounter stuff.
Specifically I would probably be considering the 48" side by side.
Does anyone have any knowledge about these at all?
Thx!!

Comments (10)

• azjenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

anybody? anybody?

• markb
    10 years ago

While I do not own one of these models, I can tell you they are rebadged Northland units.

• azjenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for that info, it's at least something to go on...
    I hope someone has a little more but thank you!

• xedos
    10 years ago

jenny , what exactly are you searching for ?

• azjenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

xedoes, I am searching for anyone who has purchased these fridges and who can give me a review. I can't find reviews anywhere on the internet, and definitely don't want to buy without any idea of the quality or potential issues.

• markb
    10 years ago

As I stated previously, these units are rebadged Northland fare.
    As to the question of reliability, I would suggest searching the web for Northland reviews. That should give you a fairly accurate idea where these Marvel units fall.

As these are relatively new to the Marvel lineup, it may prove difficult to find someone who has one.

• xedos
    10 years ago

jenny, you would be a pioneer. This is a brand new avenue for Marvel, they haven't sold very many unit at all. Of those , fewer have had long enough to garner a review, and even fewer of those have posted one, and of those, none are on GW.

In the broad scheme of things , it is a bad move buying a re-badged product from a company. You"ll be paying a premium for their "badge" an you'll get to play along while they learn how to sell it and more important for you - service it. They might even pull the plug on the product leaving you high and dry. Best to just get the Northland model if you're in love with the configuration. Even better to get one from one of the established players like sub zero, thermador, or kitchen aid, or jenn air.

This post was edited by xedos on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 21:05

• Trotsky
    9 years ago

We have had a Marvel 42" side-by-side for about a month and a half now. We are happy with it. We haven't have and trouble with it and it was far cheaper than other comparable brands.

I wrote a short review and posted pix on this thread:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0201570922232.html?1

• Synergy451
    9 years ago

There have just been a series of new federal guidlines for energy consumption that have been handed down to Marvel ( as well as all the major refrigeration companies ) Marvel has redesigned all there undercounter and full standing units to meet the new requirements. They have the appearance of northland however they are a new design. I am an authorized Marvel - Northland - AGA dealer and can address your questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: marvel dealer

• lindarkur
    9 years ago

Trotsky, what is your current review of the refrigerator, now that you have had it for a while? How is the noise level, workmanship, performance? Would you buy it again?