Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help choosing between GE or Kitchenaid gas ranges

Posted by pigeonenglish (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 21:31

I'm looking for a 30" gas slide-in range in stainless. The budget is around $1500, which is reasonably limiting. I'm replacing a 10-12 year old Whirlpool Gold which I hate. So that basically leaves me with the following:

Kitchenaid Architect model KGSK901SSS for $1600, regularly $2000.
- Or $1250 at a clearance centre

GE model JCGS650SEFSS for $1600
- I would prefer the 750 model with convection oven, 5th burner and stainless top, but it's too far outside of the budget. We rent our home from family and I won't ask them to bump the budget up this high. I don't want to make up the difference because though I love to cook and bake, and can't aesthetically accept freestanding, we need to buy our own home sooner than later.

GE model JGSP28SERSS for $1500

In your esteemed opinions (I mean that, I have been trolling this board for research) which is the best option? Am I wrong to not consider lower prices Maytags?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Or Kitchenaid Architect II with convection?

Turns out I can get a Kitchenaid Architect II KGSS907SSS for just $100 more than the non-convection. So is it a no-brainer now?

o
RE: Help choosing between GE or Kitchenaid gas ranges

I wouldn't get another KA slide in range. My "stainless" range immediately got spots on the finish from spills and splatters and they are permanently in the finish and will not come off. Very unsightly - it's at my weekend lake place so I don't see it every day. If I did I would get rid of it. Functionally it's fine.

o
RE: Help choosing between GE or Kitchenaid gas ranges

Have you tried using a melamine sponge? I've found they have helped me buff out drippy stains I had thought permanent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here