Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Wolf Oven turns on and off frequently

Posted by MFB4923 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 21:25

We recently purchased a home with an old (installed 1989 per previous owner) Wolf 36" residential oven with range, both gas. The range works perfectly. But when we first moved in, we couldn't get the oven to start. We finally found a repairman who got it running. Now, when I turn it on, it clicks until the pilot light ignites. Then it clings and clangs while it attempts to actually heat the oven. I don't know what the part where the flames actually come out to heat the oven is called, but basically, it lights that part for a moment, then that part goes out. Then it lights it again. Then that part goes out. And so on and so forth for several minutes. After a while, it stays on and actually heats the oven. So, from one point of view, it's working fine. I can bake in it. But it makes lots of noise as it goes through this process, and the on-and-off thing makes me worried. I can't find the serial number and I have no instruction manual. What I would like to know is, is this dangerous? Normal? Any advice welcome. . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Wolf Oven turns on and off frequently

Replace the thermocouple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here