Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have the Costco Anacona 36" range?

Posted by bmorepanic (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 20:46

And do you like it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have the Costco Anacona 36" range?

It must be a fresh addition to the costco.com website, iI don't remember seeing it before.

Anyway, the burner specs look weak compared to the NXR(s) you had the misfortune to interact with; is inferior performance a good trade off for Costco's easiness of returning?

Anyway, the whole community is wishing you better luck with your next range!

Here is a link that might be useful: ancona 36

o

This is new to Costco. To me, it looks Italian made: counter depth design (23" deep instead of the more common 27" like your NXR), five burners (most rather small), and a 3.8 cu. ft. oven (shallow and short by North American standards.)

Reminds me of the stove that Ikea was recently selling here as the 36" "Praktful Pro" (reputedly made for Ikea by Whirlpool in Europe) or Fratelli Onofri (which I think might have its HQ in the city of Ancona). Maybe those leads will help you track down more info.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 0:49

o

Thanks. I know its multiple sizes of burners and of course wondered if it was more stable than the former brand.

o

It's pretty!

But I've never heard of it before.

o

I can't help but want to call this brand Anaconda. This 36" range has also caught my eye and I am considering it. I thought I was ready go for the NXR 36, as we are plannng a kitchen remodel and this seems like a good gamble. We are heading to a showroom tomorrow to look at bluestar ranges, but I am not sure if I am ready to the bs price. I understand that I would be sacrificing a lot of cooking power in going with the NXR over the bs, but the extra savings can be put to use in countertops and a solid hood with an external blower. Perhaps even further down the line is the Anacona 36? I like the fact that it has a single powerful burner, but I am leery of the Anacona Brand because I haven't heard any experiences with it.... please if there is anyone with this range please let this great community forum know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here