Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bmorepanic

Anyone have the Costco Anacona 36" range?

bmorepanic
10 years ago

And do you like it?

Comments (11)

• gigelus2k13
    10 years ago

It must be a fresh addition to the costco.com website, iI don't remember seeing it before.

Anyway, the burner specs look weak compared to the NXR(s) you had the misfortune to interact with; is inferior performance a good trade off for Costco's easiness of returning?

Anyway, the whole community is wishing you better luck with your next range!

Here is a link that might be useful: ancona 36

• jwvideo
    10 years ago

This is new to Costco. To me, it looks Italian made: counter depth design (23" deep instead of the more common 27" like your NXR), five burners (most rather small), and a 3.8 cu. ft. oven (shallow and short by North American standards.)

Reminds me of the stove that Ikea was recently selling here as the 36" "Praktful Pro" (reputedly made for Ikea by Whirlpool in Europe) or Fratelli Onofri (which I think might have its HQ in the city of Ancona). Maybe those leads will help you track down more info.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 0:49

• bmorepanic
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. I know its multiple sizes of burners and of course wondered if it was more stable than the former brand.

• Fori
    10 years ago

It's pretty!

But I've never heard of it before.

• leftpawdog
    9 years ago

I can't help but want to call this brand Anaconda. This 36" range has also caught my eye and I am considering it. I thought I was ready go for the NXR 36, as we are plannng a kitchen remodel and this seems like a good gamble. We are heading to a showroom tomorrow to look at bluestar ranges, but I am not sure if I am ready to the bs price. I understand that I would be sacrificing a lot of cooking power in going with the NXR over the bs, but the extra savings can be put to use in countertops and a solid hood with an external blower. Perhaps even further down the line is the Anacona 36? I like the fact that it has a single powerful burner, but I am leery of the Anacona Brand because I haven't heard any experiences with it.... please if there is anyone with this range please let this great community forum know.

• corimike
    7 years ago

What did you end up buying? I am considering the Costco Ancona 36 inch range. Would love more info!

• linnertime
    6 years ago

Anyone buy the Ancona 36" gas range from Costco? I'm considering for Low price and options.

• corimike
    6 years ago

I bought it, but won't be installed for another few weeks. I did see one installed in a high-end modern house and the appearance was nice. Hoping it will work well!

• mishmosh
    6 years ago

Interesting find. Costco doesn't usually sell junk but this line seems to be quite a bit cheaper than a comparable higher end unit.

• homeshopp
    6 years ago

@corimike how do you like it?