Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French Door Refrigerator Comparison: Need Help!

Posted by OCmom (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 20:34

I am quite new to this forum- but have spent A LOT of time reading many of the postings about French door refrigerators. I need help- I went on JD Powers, read customer reviews, expert reviews, and it is all very confusing.
I am looking for a French door, stainless steel, water dispenser, ice maker, etc. All of the usual. However, what I REALLY want is a water dispenser area that can fit a pitcher or carafe, etc. Most models don't have this feature. Its my one complaint on all fridges- why can't they make the dispenser big enough to fill up a pitcher? I only found 2 models out there with this feature- I am about to make a purchase and would like opinions on which of these below I should go with. Each one has positive and negative reviews but overall seem highly rated.

LG:
LFX31295

OR

GE:
PFE29PSDSS (profile)
CFE29TSDSS (caf�)

These all fall into my price range too. Any and all help and opinions are welcome. Oh- and if you have any experience with purchasing online from AJMadison or Appliances Connection, I welcome comments on that too!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French Door Refrigerator Comparison: Need Help!

Why? Because it would take up even more room in the fridge than a regular dispenser. This is the first time I've seen this question on here, so I don't it's too common a request.

o

Do not buy from appliancesconnection at all! They are a fraudulent business. They knowingly sell damaged scratch and dent appliances as new. I ordered a dishwasher and the frame was bent and I could not return it. I had to buy another one from Lowes, so now I haves broken dishwasher in my garage and I am out $600. It is best to buy local in case there is a problem so you have a place you can go to deal with it. Appliances connection will bully you into keeping the damaged goods. The reviews on reseller ratings are all fake. Beware of their scam. Good luck!

o

I guess I entertain a lot and am constantly filling up taller beverage containers. I didn't know I was so unique in my tastes!

That aside- does anyone know which one out of the models listed may be the best to go with?

Thank you for the opinions on Appliances Connection too- that helped considerably.

o

I am more familiar with the 2 GEs. I lived with one for a week before it was swapped. Is your fridge going to stand alone?

The cafe has enormous doors. We liked it 'cuz of the colored lights on inside shelf( the techy SO liked to change the lights). It also has the hot water, but I think one could heat just as fast in MW. The outside was smooth.

The Profile has won awards. Outside has slight curve. Doors don't protrude as much, and don't need extra room to open if fridge placed between cabinets.

o

FWIW, have LG model LFX25950TT. The ice maker had a recall. Otherwise it has worked fine & not needed repair. Got ours from BestBuy during a periodic sales tax holiday for energy star appliances. BTW, I think you meant to type LG LFX31925. Not sure if it applies but "TT" trim designation is coated steel instead of stainless. Cheaper & magnets stick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here