Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Additional 3 month warranty

mboston_gw
10 years ago

Did you know that some companies give you an additonal 3 months of warranty if you register your appliance? I did for both my GE Induction and my Samsung FD Fridge. It has been a life saver for the fridge. My original warranty expired in June and my three months took me through Oct. 2nd. On Aug. 26, the ice maker quit making ice. From there on, more issues with making ice. Since the problem occurred while I was on the additional 3 month warranty, there has been no cost to me. Ice maker replaced, ice route replaced twice, freezer fan, and today the door was replaced.
I have 30 days now to see if it solves the problem. If not, they will either buy back the fridge with a 10 % less than I paid, or they will replace the unit - not sure if that means I can pick another type from Samsung or not. Either way, I suggest anyone who gets a new appliance, check and see if the additional 3 months is offered. It has still been a hassle to deal with all the repair dates and calls but at least there has been no cost to me.

Also - whenever you call for a repair - write down the transaction number and who you spoke with. Put down dates you call, dates for service visits and even the ID number of the parts that are replaced. Don't accept parts that are not wrapped and make sure they match what is on the paperwork.

Will update this when I think our issue is resolved. I eventually had to ask to speak with the higher ups above the people who take your service call. Once that happened, I have been receiving a phone call from Samsung every day or so as to the status of the repair.