Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd spark show from my Bluestar

Posted by keitel (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 19:59

Wow. I found this thread from the first time it happened:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0218324030920.html

The exact same thing happened again on Saturday night. Baking bread at 350 with no burners on. My wife described it as a huge show of campfire embers flying out of the top right corner of the range onto the hardwood. Reading back over the other incident (amongst so, so, so many others) it, too, was the top right corner of the range. That was February 2009.

This is insane and I was always a bit nervous about it after the first time but now I'm not using this range again at all for fear of fire. It needs to get out of my house.

I don't even know what to say anymore. It's dizzying.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd spark show from my Bluestar

I'm curious to know what the service company did to fix the problem the first time it happened. Also, for the benefit of other BlueStar owners, please post the results of the service call you will surely arrange following this second occurence.

o

I'll keep you posted.

o

kitchenkat, the first repair involved replacing 3 factory-pinched wires (the technician's description) inside the back of the range.

o

keitel, I just finished reading your thread from 2009 about the first spark show and then saw this post! wow! we are looking into a BlueStar but now I'm concerned given your repeated issues. Any updates on what may have caused this? Has it been fixed?

o

The situation isn't resolved yet and there are a few balls currently in the air. I haven't plugged the range back in since it happened due to fear and so haven't had an oven for 3 weeks. I've been lighting the burners with a lighter. I'll let you know how it all works out, when it eventually does.

o

You have just had the worst luck with ranges! Went from the frying pan into the fire.......

Sorry you are dealing with this. Hope it can be resolved favorably, and quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here