Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30 inch Range top or 30 inch range + wall oven/ advantium

Posted by stella072 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 19:45

We are doing a kitchen makeover - Not moving any appliances around but upgrading appliances, painting cabinets, changing out hardware.
My current setup is a 30 inch cooktop with double wall ovens and an over the range microwave. I want to ditch the OTR microwave, get a more powerful cooktop (right now it only has two burners and a griddle that I have only used 2 or 3 times in two years). I wanted to upgrade to 36 inch cooktop but kitchen designer and husband are pushing to stick with 30 inch to avoid reworking cabinets. Yes adding in the range will require taking out the cabinet underneath but that should be minimal expense & cabinet is not used because it's currently a downdraft cooktop.
I'm having a hard time deciding between � a 30 in rangetop with a wall oven and an advantium or a 30 in range with a wall oven and a regular microwave. I have three small kids between the ages of two and seven so the microwave gets a lot of use- I like the idea of speed cooking but I don't like the idea of spending so much money on something and essentially using it more as a microwave. I worry the rangetop/ advantium/ wall oven combo will leave me feeling somewhat limited for large gatherings and big holidays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30 inch Range top or 30 inch range + wall oven/ advantium

I replaced a 36" downdraft cooktop with a 36" range and couldn't be happier. I gained three nice deep drawers where the old wall oven was, and now have an island hood above the range.

o
RE: 30 inch Range top or 30 inch range + wall oven/ advantium

We entertain a lot and cook every night. When we remodeled we replaced the 30" cooktop and double wall oven with a 30" dual fuel range and 30" 240V Advantium wall oven. You will have to learn sequencing with the Advatium for multiple dishes, especially if you are going to use the microwave. The oven needs to cool down some before using the MW. We got a great deal on a GE Monogram Pro DF range and all of them are working perfectly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here