Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a less than countertop depth wall oven?

Posted by IowaCommute (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 19:45

I am looking for my sister who just moved into a house. It's an early '30's Tudor. The kitchen is pretty small, and there is only one place to put a wall oven (in an almost 30" wide desk area) with a tall cabinet pantry next to it. I know a 27" wall oven will fit there with room to put a finish cabinet piece on each side, but the cabinet where the oven will go is only 21 1/2" deep. They are next to a doorway (there is about two or three inches-depth wise- between the doorway and the cabinets) so the handle can stick out slightly. They can't really recess it because the sink in a small bathroom is directly behind it.

I did find the GE Profile Advantium 27" Wall Oven that is 21 1/2" deep. I was wondering if anyone knew of any others?

She is going to get a new 30" gas range (she has electric now) and is really just wanting another oven. She has a small vent hood above her range and no microwave. I told her we could do a wall oven with a separate microwave unit above it if we could find the right depth. Would she just have to get a countertop microwave and put it on a shelf above the wall oven so it wouldn't be as big?

I think I have read something about city code and needing a certain amount of landing space in a certain proximity to an oven so I'm going to check that out too. She lives in Kansas City Missouri if anyone happens to know.

Is there anything else we should think about or consider?

Thank you. I have been researching for my own home build, and you guys are awesome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a less than countertop depth wall oven?

The shallowest convection ovens are 24" ovens from two Latin Companies.

Bertazzoni F6M9PX 21 5/8"

Fagor 5HA200 21 13/16

o

Thank you so much deeageaux. I started looking at apartment size ovens, but they seem to be countertop depth too.

Thank you again. She will be so happy!

o

Gaggenau's lift oven is only 18" deep. It is a little pricey, but it is possible to find very good deals on them. One local dealer was selling a floor model for $1800.

o

Fagor is Spanish not Latin BTW.

Check the installation specs to verify that shallow ovens don't require airspace behind them - some I've seen specify 24"d cabinets even though the oven is only about 21" deep.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here