Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quiet refrigerators with good crispers

Posted by pacnwster (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 19:03

We need to replace our bottom freezer Amana, it's over 15 years old and freezing fridge food while not staying cold enough in the freezer.

I read through the giant thread started in '08 for quiet fridges, but the last posting was April, so I'm wondering if anyone has any new recommendations on quiet fridges. Side-by-sides tend not to have enough fridge space for us, and I don't have to have any water or ice in the door (although the 4 year old might disagree). We do a ton of farmer's market shopping and go through a lot of produce, so something with good crisper function is ideal. Would like to keep the cost under $2K but would pay a smidge for quiet and functional.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quiet refrigerators with good crispers

I know it's well outside your budget, and there must be other options out there, but the last 3 homes I've rented or purchased have all had sub-zero units in them and they are a modern miracle in terms of produce.

The 14 year old unit we currently have keeps bags of loose lettuce from the farmer's market fresh in the crisper for 2+ weeks. Herbs in a glass of water can last on a shelf for 3 weeks. It's absurd how long produce lasts.

Maybe you can find one used on craigslist? They last so long that I wouldn't hesitate to buy a ten year old unit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here