Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wall oven combo suggestions?

Posted by wallycat (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 18:58

I have been reading about the steam ovens and am intrigued. The house we bought has a GE Profile convection oven (27") and a microwave above it.

I love to cook but it is just DH and I. We do not entertain often; a few times/year. I am not a baker (sweet stuff) and mostly do meats/savory foods.

The steam oven and the advantium speed oven have been running through my mind. DH says he must have a microwave, but I assume the advantium can be used as one when it is not in use as a speed oven.

If you were replacing my current setup, what would you do?
Is steam and speed overkill?
I have listened to you guys about the induction and you have not failed me, so I am reaching out for opinions on this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wall oven combo suggestions?

The advantium is a Microwave on steroids - it can be MW only, convention or a combo.

I can't answer about a steam oven

o
RE: Wall oven combo suggestions?

Thanks.
I guess I am wondering if having a steam oven and a speed oven would be overkill but realize it depends on how one cooks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here