Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gtadross_gw

Bluestar Igniter Module - how to access???

gtadross_gw
9 years ago

Does anyone know how to access the bluestar igniter module (not the ceramic ignitors)? I need to check to see if the wires from the ceramic ignitors are properly connected to the module since the clicking just stopped completely on my left front and rear burners suddenly. So I suspect the wires aren't connected or if they are, then the module needs replacing. To assess either situation, I need to get access to the module but don't know how. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    9 years ago

Pull off the knobs, above the knobs under the lip and below the knobs you will see small screws, you will need to remove your drip trays and open the doors so you can see the bottom screws.

Unscrew those top and bottom, and then the face plate will tilt / drop forward.

• gtadross_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Trevor.

Question? Do I pull off all 6 knobs and the oven knob as well or just the knobs for affected butners?

• PRO
    9 years ago

all six, the front will fall forward like a dashboard

• gtadross_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok. Got it. Thanks for your help Trevor. You're the best!

• gtadross_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey Trevor

Do you know how I can remove the drip tray entirely? I have the RNB with the drip tray on ball bearings. On the older model bluestar's, the drip tray wasn't on ball bearings and it pulled right out.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Sorry gtadross i am unable to help you on this one, I have never worked on a BS with the rolling trays. I can only think BS copied the capital system with guided rollers, i have never taken these out either nor do i think they come out.

Why do you need the whole tray out ?

• gtadross_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I need the whole tray to come out to access the spark module. There are 4 screws underneath the face plate and I have to remove the tray to get to them all. How does the CC rolling tray get removed completely?

• PRO
    9 years ago

Does your tray have two separate drip trays within the frame of the drip tray or is it just one big one ?

• gtadross_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's one big tray with three shallow metal rectangular inserts.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Can you take the trays out and work in the gar that creates.

If not i guess its a call to BS on Monday. There must be a way to do it.